AIM on PSP Browser Possible?

dmp3

My cousin has a US Spec PSP, and he wants the browser.

I was telling him that it's not really worth it, if you can't go on AIM to install the Jap. 2.0 firmware. He can wait for the US.

Well, I heard if you happen to install the Jap firmware, the US firmware can be installed over the Jap one when it comes out.

But, he really just wants it to go on AIM. But I said, you might not be able to since you can't go on AIM most likely.

So, here to clarify... is it possible, in any way, to go on AIM using the PSP?

SkaterAustin
My cousin has a US Spec PSP, and he wants the browser.

I was telling him that it's not really worth it, if you can't go on AIM to install the Jap. 2.0 firmware.  He can wait for the US.

Well, I heard if you happen to install the Jap firmware, the US firmware can be installed over the Jap one when it comes out.

But, he really just wants it to go on AIM.  But I said, you might not be able to since you can't go on AIM most likely.

So, here to clarify... is it possible, in any way, to go on AIM using the PSP?

586359669[/snapback]

I havnt tried aim java from there web site yet, but i can confirm that the web-aim, and e-messenger do work for japan 2.0 firmware. :)

SuperJediMedia

Not enough Free WIFI locations everywhere I go

Not in a hurry

Maybe if there are a lot of FREE Wifi spots everywhere I go...

dmp3
I havnt tried aim java from there web site yet, but i can confirm that the web-aim,  and e-messenger do work for japan 2.0 firmware.  :)

586359732[/snapback]

Can you give me some more info on how to get AIM to work.

Me and my cousin took the leap yesterday and installed the firmware. We then tried using AIM express, but couldn't get it to work for some reason. Either the internet connection was to slow, or the buddy list wouldn't open.

Can you give me some step-by-step instructions if it's too complicated? My cousin went walking around his neighborhood at 3:00am last night looking for WiFi spots. Haha. He was so happy. (nerd)

SkaterAustin
Can you give me some more info on how to get AIM to work.

Me and my cousin took the leap yesterday and installed the firmware.  We then tried using AIM express, but couldn't get it to work for some reason.  Either the internet connection was to slow, or the buddy list wouldn't open.

Can you give me some step-by-step instructions if it's too complicated?  My cousin went walking around his neighborhood at 3:00am last night looking for WiFi spots.  Haha.  He was so happy. (nerd)

586362759[/snapback]

first i would start off by disabling the power save option on the wlan.. its easy to do just go to the main menu, settings, power save options, and wlan power save and turn it off.

Power save greatly decreases the ability to surf the web fast at all and i mean the new browser still isn't the fastest either, but faster than the wipeout pure browser. Now that you have that turned off go to either webaim.net (its really hard to get on to there servers) or to e-messenger.net.

Once on either of the sites just go down the sign in for aim, enter your user name and password and then hit okay.. E-messenger.net mainly what i use and it opens a new tab up in the psp browser and your on aim. :D

dmp3

Awesome man, thanks so much. You've been a great help. I'll be goin to my cousins later, we're installing a wireless router, so he can chill on his PSP whereever he is in his house. We'll try the AIM then. Thanks again dude. :)

spIdeZ

regular aim express doesn't work because it uses a pop up. only webaim works, but most of the time the servers are full. so basically, no you can't use aim on the psp for now :no:

SkaterAustin
regular aim express doesn't work because it uses a pop up.  only webaim works, but most of the time the servers are full. so basically, no you can't use aim on the psp for now  :no:

586363571[/snapback]

you can so, the psp firmware 2.0 webbrowser has support for pop ups and its called tabs... do i have to take a picture of me on e-messenger.net on aim????