Yum error in Fedora Core 3

Hi all,

when running the command:

yum -y --obsolete update

I get the error:

Error: Missing Dependency: gtk2 >= 2.6 is needed by package vim-X11

Can anyone help me fix this? I am not very knowledgable with Linux so any help would be much appreciated.

I just got this this morning, too. It looks like a new vim is added, but the newer gtk2 hasn't yet been added into the repositories you use.

You can wait a day, and allow time for the newer gtk2 to get added (I assume it is forthcoming soon), or you can manually install a newer gtk2 (I would not recommend this), or you can remove vim-X11 (if you never use it, why have it installed - but I don't know if you use it or not, I think it is just a version of vim for X Windows). yum remove vim-X11 would be the command (and that is what I did, since I wanted to update without waiting. :)

I just got this this morning, too.  It looks like a new vim is added, but the newer gtk2 hasn't yet been added into the repositories you use.

You can wait a day, and allow time for the newer gtk2 to get added (I assume it is forthcoming soon), or you can manually install a newer gtk2 (I would not recommend this), or you can remove vim-X11 (if you never use it, why have it installed - but I don't know if you use it or not, I think it is just a version of vim for X Windows).  yum remove vim-X11 would be the command (and that is what I did, since I wanted to update without waiting. :)

586360959[/snapback]

Thanks Mark, you are always very helpful. Now I know Im not the only person I feel better about it. I will wait a while and see if this resolves it for now. Wish I had known that yum tip earlier, I had to resort to using up2date and unchecking the update :x .

Edit: If you updated to the new KDE today, did you also get the error "Cannot open theme file /usr/share/apps/kdm/themes/bluecurve" on bootup?