Vista Hardware Check

Has anyone had experience with the following hardware using Vista Beta 1?

Athlon 64 X2 4200+

Radeon X850 XT

MSI NForce-4 Based Board

Audigy 1 Sound Card (kX Drivers)

DLink G-132 USB2 Based Wireless Adapter

What worked for you, what didnt? What stuff did you have issues with but eventually got working?

What happens? Hardware check at setup?

586362297[/snapback]

Going home to install it now. Just wondered if anyone had issues with the parts i listed.

Has anyone had experience with the following hardware using Vista Beta 1?

Athlon 64 X2 4200+

Radeon X850 XT

MSI NForce-4 Based Board

Audigy 1 Sound Card (kX Drivers)

DLink G-132 USB2 Based Wireless Adapter

What worked for you, what didnt? What stuff did you have issues with but eventually got working?

586362276[/snapback]

are you just asking what will happen as in driver issue's for that rig? ... if so:

Firstly .. im not sure about driver's, you may have a problem finding proper drivers for all your HW.

Secondly: I know that you will NOT be able to get the glass effect with your video card, as the current drivers are not working for that particular card.

Lastly: The wireless drivers for that card may not work correctly, if at all.

If you do by any chance get glass for that card, or any other finds...pls post them. thanx.

A lot of people (including me) have had trouble with loading the networking driver on at least the nForce2 (me) and 3 boards. There might be a set of beta drivers floating around that will work, but you're going to want to image your install and restore the image after finding a driver set to not work - for some reason it seems like once you load one driver, you can't change it. I've heard that the Audigy drivers are funky too, but I haven't experienced that personally (my board has Soundstorm, it makes me happy.)

If you have the original Audigy CD you can install the drivers manually.

But working or not, directsound is disabled which makes audio playback almost unusable.

32-Bit Nforce Vista Network and Audio Driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_32bit_beta1.html

64-Bit Nforce Vista Network Driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_64bit_beta1.html

Since I downloaded the 64-bit version, I got the 64-bit beta drivers from Nvidia that Admiral_Ames is talking about. They work fine. My only problem is trying to find 64-bit display drivers from Nvidia, that's a challenge ... I know they released a 32-bit version, but I'm still stuck without Glass, and a real DWM.

Since I downloaded the 64-bit version, I got the 64-bit beta drivers from Nvidia that Admiral_Ames is talking about. They work fine. My only problem is trying to find 64-bit display drivers from Nvidia, that's a challenge ... I know they released a 32-bit version, but I'm still stuck without Glass, and a real DWM.

586363484[/snapback]

Currently the Gforce 6xxx series cannot do the glass effect (why that is i dont know, m$ bs, or Nvidia's :whistle: ) anyhow .. another set of drivers should appear really soon, if not already.