New IE 7 Icon and Logo

I can't believe we are making such a hype over a stupid E. Imean my God, who cars, what the frickin' thing looks like.

Its a stupid E. Thats the trick MS does, they take an old book and just change the cover.

586369618[/snapback]

What hype? It's just a discussion. Funny thing is, if it was about a new Firefox icon, you'd be all over it.

And this is coming from a Maxthon and Firefox user.

Go home, troll.

586369670[/snapback]

Ahem. So you condone the following:

I can't believe we are making such a hype over a stupid E. Imean my God, who cars, what the frickin' thing looks like.

Its a stupid E. Thats the trick MS does, they take an old book and just change the cover.

586369618[/snapback]

And if Firefox used this glassified icon (taken from wincustomize) you'd drool over it. (see attachment.)

Some people have tastes for eye candy. Why should you bash them? Some prefer eye candy over features, that's all.

post-99705-1123912467.png

Me likes it very much :cool:

guess all the IE bashers in this thread are crying looking at their blue & orange orb. :p

j/kin ;)

Wow, awesome new logo! I'm gonna switch back to IE once this comes out, because of the new icon. Who cares about features and standards support when you have an icon design like this? Man, I can just picture this icon in my start menu right now...it will be beautiful!

</shallow>

Sad that the marketting is buying people back. :/

the colors look pretty slick IMO

586369280[/snapback]

Sick is more like it. That orange, yellowish color looks sorta like the color of my pee, when onetime I was with this girl, had to take this medicine after, and .. wait ... nm. Sorry. :p

Wow, awesome new logo!  I'm gonna switch back to IE once this comes out, because of the new icon.  Who cares about features and standards support when you have an icon design like this?  Man, I can just picture this icon in my start menu right now...it will be beautiful!

</shallow>

Sad that the marketting is buying people back.  :/

586370075[/snapback]

haha, that was funny :rofl:

Wow, awesome new logo!  I'm gonna switch back to IE once this comes out, because of the new icon.  Who cares about features and standards support when you have an icon design like this?  Man, I can just picture this icon in my start menu right now...it will be beautiful!

</shallow>

Sad that the marketting is buying people back.  :/

586370075[/snapback]

Stop trying to be clever because you look like a moron. What's wrong with making a new logo for a new product? Any other company does it, it's fine, yet when MS does it, they're somehow trying to get people to use their product because of it. Please, tell me, where does it say ANYWHERE they've got more users because of this icon. Or for that matter, where does it say they're TRYING to get more users solely because of an icon?

You're a fool, just like the other 75% of people around here who bash MS with absolutely no ground to do so.

This is my official NeoWin "Pro-Mod-Makem Happy" answer.

Guys? You know, gee willakers. I.E. 7.5 is not even finnished yet, not to mention Vista. You all KNOW that you are happy with your Windows XP , and it looked NOTHING like it did in its beta stages.

It's just an Icon, but its just a PIECE of a larger puzzle. You may not like the icon too much, but I dont think you understand. You see, ... when you put it all together with the actual product, it will look much better.

IMHO, I have an idea. By golly, lets take a poll and see who likes it, and who does not. Or, ... how about ... you design your own I.E. logo, and let us see how great you are at design!

Well, I hope everyone here has a positive thing to say, and no more flaming the great logo that Microsoft © has been so kind as to show us.

Thanks guys!

:laugh: :shifty:

I'm really glad that MS quickly disposed the disgusting looking icon of IE in the Vista beta.

Although I currently use Mac, I'm really interested in the developement of the new version of IE and I hope the browser itself will improve as much as the logo.

There's two things that I've always said would make me use IE again, since Firefox is still buggy with many websites.

1) Tabs

2) Ability to save your open tabs upon exit

1 down, 1 to go.

There's two things that I've always said would make me use IE again, since Firefox is still buggy with many websites.

1) Tabs

2) Ability to save your open tabs upon exit

1 down, 1 to go.

586371336[/snapback]

"Since Firefox is still buggy with many websites" - what crack are you smoking? Maybe you haven't heard of something called web standards, but Firefox is more supportive of them than IE will ever be. The whole campaign to market Firefox as a better Internet browser is from the standpoint that it is in conjuction with web standards and offers better security. Show me proof that Firefox is not more secure, doesn't support web standards, and, not to mention, doesn't offer a numerous amount of features that IE doesn't have (Some to name: extensions, themes, download manager).

Firefox is the basis for the browser of the future, not IE. And do you know why? Because it is in agreement with the progression of web development. IE7 has just recently jumped on the bandwagon of tabbed browsing and numerous other features, which may I remind you have already been incorporated into other ones such as FF, Opera, and Maxthon. This just goes to show that MS has overestimated their tactics with IE; they had to ressurect the development of IE just to keep their share of the market. Pretty sad if you ask me.

This is not just a browser war; it is a war between the development of the Internet and the development of a commercially marketable product that appeals to the masses (IE). Firefox is on the Internet's side, and are numerous other applications, companies, and individuals. Who is Microsoft of not offer everything it possibly can to the surfers of the Internet? Why should Microsoft deprieve surfers of security, standarization, and so much more? Because all they want to do is make some money, keep up it's share of the market, and make sure to crush the competition all while inhibiting the growth and experience of the Internet.

The facts have been presented numerous times over; Firefox is more secure, but it, as well as others (don't make this seem like a FF vs. IE fight), is a newborn in a world of one adult who has to be nursed over time and time again to keep up with the competition (competition which includes both surfers and hackers). Firefox is everything IE has been, is, and will be because it is only a newborn at a critical growing stage of its life where bullies will stop at nothing to keep it down at the bottom.

Is this post biased? No, not one bit. I use IE and Firefox (IE on one PC, FF on the other), but I also have experienced first hand how vulnerable IE is compared to Firefox when the PC using IE gets popups and viruses. Firefox gives me a better experience with the web, but as a web designer, I have to develop pages that work the same in both. Ah, the woes of developing a web standards compliant website that looks as it should in IE...not much fun. Simply put, I use both, but FF has hands down proven itself to be better for me, and as a businessman, my clients as well. You decide which is better for you, everyone else, and the Internet.

"Since Firefox is still buggy with many websites" - what crack are you smoking?? Maybe you haven't heard of something called web standards, but Firefox is more supportive of them than IE will ever be.? The whole campaign to market Firefox as a better Internet browser is from the standpoint that it is in conjuction with web standards and offers better security.? Show me proof that Firefox is not more secure, doesn't support web standards, and, not to mention, doesn't offer a numerous amount of features that IE doesn't have (Some to name: extensions, themes, download manager).

586371896[/snapback]

DEAR UNBIASSED FIREFOX FAN,

He never said that Firefox does not support Web standards. He said that it is 'buggy with many websites' (meaning the two are incompatibfor whatever reason/i>). But i guess it sorlooks/i> like he's making fun of your poor browser, doesn't it?

YOURS TRULY,

Unbiassed third-party observer

"Since Firefox is still buggy with many websites" - what crack are you smoking?  Maybe you haven't heard of something called web standards, but Firefox is more supportive of them than IE will ever be.  The whole campaign to market Firefox as a better Internet browser is from the standpoint that it is in conjuction with web standards and offers better security.  Show me proof that Firefox is not more secure, doesn't support web standards, and, not to mention, doesn't offer a numerous amount of features that IE doesn't have (Some to name: extensions, themes, download manager). 

Firefox is the basis for the browser of the future, not IE.  And do you know why?  Because it is in agreement with the progression of web development.  IE7 has just recently jumped on the bandwagon of tabbed browsing and numerous other features, which may I remind you have already been incorporated into other ones such as FF, Opera, and Maxthon.  This just goes to show that MS has overestimated their tactics with IE; they had to ressurect the development of IE just to keep their share of the market.  Pretty sad if you ask me.

This is not just a browser war; it is a war between the development of the Internet and the development of a commercially marketable product that appeals to the masses (IE).  Firefox is on the Internet's side, and are numerous other applications, companies, and individuals.  Who is Microsoft of not offer everything it possibly can to the surfers of the Internet?  Why should Microsoft deprieve surfers of security, standarization, and so much more?  Because all they want to do is make some money, keep up it's share of the market, and make sure to crush the competition all while inhibiting the growth and experience of the Internet.

The facts have been presented numerous times over; Firefox is more secure, but it, as well as others (don't make this seem like a FF vs. IE fight), is a newborn in a world of one adult who has to be nursed over time and time again to keep up with the competition (competition which includes both surfers and hackers).  Firefox is everything IE has been, is, and will be because it is only a newborn at a critical growing stage of its life where bullies will stop at nothing to keep it down at the bottom.

Is this post biased?  No, not one bit.  I use IE and Firefox (IE on one PC, FF on the other), but I also have experienced first hand how vulnerable IE is compared to Firefox when the PC using IE gets popups and viruses.  Firefox gives me a better experience with the web, but as a web designer, I have to develop pages that work the same in both.  Ah, the woes of developing a web standards compliant website that looks as it should in IE...not much fun.  Simply put, I use both, but FF has hands down proven itself to be better for me, and as a businessman, my clients as well.  You decide which is better for you, everyone else, and the Internet.

586371896[/snapback]

I couldn't agree with Swank more. I too develop websites for a hobby and have run into both IE's and FF's differences along the way, but if I were to pick or choose FF would be my choice simply due to the many features it has over IE and web standards FF meets. This is simply a personal opinion, but let's not sway the topic.

As for the IE "E" itself, I think its beautiful. Defenitly a twist in color and style when compared to any previous "E". I don't think it could be tinkered with too much more...it is just an E afterall, so the splash of yellow/gold on the blue is lovely.