New IE 7 Icon and Logo

I prefer the IE5 Mac one. This new one is really nothing to be excited over. The yellow really clashes with the blue and the dark edges look bad with the glow coming from the center. The Mac one is nicer, with the bevel and emboss at the perfect settings and it has a very nice glow emanating from it. They could take the new ring from the IE7 one and put it on the IE5 Mac one and it'd look great. The lighter blue of the Mac version would really help the yellow of the ring blend in.

FF blows... :)

Anyways, here's IExplore.exe, shdoclc.dll, and the IE7.ico for anyone who wants it. Made from SP2 with all Hotfixes installed. If it causes problems, extract changed resources and put them in your version of files.

586368963[/snapback]

it looks good big (on my desktop), but it looks disgusting on my toolbar.

Um. I'm not impressed. Is this some kind of big deal? WOWOW GUYS THEY ADDED DARK EDGES AND MADE THE RING DEALIE YELLOW, COOL JOB FELLAS A+

The Mac IE5 logo is definitely better, by far.

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/inte...etexplorer.aspx

586368916[/snapback]

the mac IE 5 icon doesnt look better, not nearly, its second though :)

Is there any place where we can see the progression of the IE icons?

586369204[/snapback]

There's only been 4, I think (including the new one).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

post-113818-1123903792.gif

There's only been 4, I think (including the new one).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

586369245[/snapback]

I can't remember the old ones, even though I started out with IE 2, which was absolutely useless, (thank god Netscape had already been in the browser business a hell of a lot longer), and I have given every other version a try, but anyways, you said "including the new one", well the icon on the current beta is different than all of em too, so that's 2 new icons. I think I like the icon in the beta more than this new one though.

you said "including the new one", well the icon on the current beta is different than all of em too, so that's 2 new icons.

586369291[/snapback]

True, but the Beta 1 icon won't be in a final build, so I didn't count it.

I can't believe we are making such a hype over a stupid E. Imean my God, who cars, what the frickin' thing looks like.

Its a stupid E. Thats the trick MS does, they take an old book and just change the cover.