New IE 7 Icon and Logo

I think the new logo looks very cool and a welcome refresh.

What's really interesting is what the design of the icon will be for Vista, that hasn't been finalised yet. :)

You, sir, are an idiot.

586371407[/snapback]

You sir have just flamed me. Therefore, I must tell you sir, that you sir, are an a hole. :D

Correct. And IE's icon, from version 1 to about 4, was a magnifying glass over a globe.

BTW, you're aware the Firefox icon I attached is just a fancy icon done by someone at WC. It's not an official icon.

For instance, here's IE3's icon. Firefox wasn't the first to place an 'earth' in the icon.

586372509[/snapback]

Right, now I remember that icon.

lol, and the Firefox fanboys were saying MS is copying Firefox's colors.

I like it, what other color would have fit better than the gold if you think it's so bad?

586374671[/snapback]

How about a sort of Platinum color?

that would be good I think.

Do you think you could make an installer to replace the old icon for this new one? Just currious.  :sleep:

586373982[/snapback]

Nice idea.

Those who say Internet Explorer is copying Firefox's icon, or vice versa, have no idea what they are talking about. Did you even look at the icons? Colors mean nothing. (OMG! They used Yellow! They're copying Firefox! They used Blue too! They're copying Neowin! ******s!)

Firefox has a Red Panda (for the uninformed, that is not a fox) crawling on the Earth's surface.

Internet Explorer has a glass letter "E" (meaning "Explorer") with a gold ring rotating around it.

Now, please explain how they are similar.

Looks very nice. The current glassy one they have in beta1 is nice but doesn't come off as classy or professional.

586368842[/snapback]

So your not a fan of overdone things like, too much gloss, or beveling?

3lm0poop3nh.jpg

Edited by DarkCircuit

So your not a fan of overdone things like, too much gloss, or beveling?

3lm0poop3nh.jpg

586377090[/snapback]

Only when it doesn't fit in the general design of the piece it's being placed in. So, in other words, to sum up your hints, I still like the new Neowin logo and dislike the ie7 beta 1 logo. ;)

Only when it doesn't fit in the general design of the piece it's being placed in. So, in other words, to sum up your hints, I still like the new Neowin logo and dislike the ie7 beta 1 logo. ;)

586377292[/snapback]

LOL! :laugh:

(btw ... IE7 is not done yet. Neither is Vista/Longhorn ... so you really have too see the final thing before you say you dont like it.) :pinch: ;) :p

Am the only one who thinks this logo is fugly? I reckon they should keep the normal blue logo, and when you hover over it with the cursor then the halo should flash yellow for a second. The permanent colour of yellow for the halo sucks. :(

Actually ... after looking at it for a bit, and putting it on the Desktop, ...

I dunno ... kind of looks ok.

Catches the eye ... just looks a little like ... NASA, or, .. I dunno, they need to turn down the orange tone a bit .. hrmm ...

Still ugly, but not so ugly that I wont use it because it's new. Lol.

desktopie3yo.jpg

Am the only one who thinks this logo is fugly? I reckon they should keep the normal blue logo, and when you hover over it with the cursor then the halo should flash yellow for a second. The permanent colour of yellow for the halo sucks. :(

586377367[/snapback]

If Vista gives us animated icons, sure.

Actually IMO I like this icon. Even IE3's icon beats IE5 (damn ugly!) and IE6 (still ugly).