Firefox loses market share

I'm sorry but I can't believe those figures. Every ex-Firefox user became an IE user?

Firefox's share shrunk to 8.07% from 8.71% in June, while Internet Explorer grew its market slice to 87.2% in July from 86.56% last month.

-0.63% Firefox users and +0.64% IE users?

I find that VERY hard to believe.

I'm sorry but I can't believe those figures.  Every ex-Firefox user became an IE user?

-0.63% Firefox users and +0.64% IE users?

I find that VERY hard to believe.

586369613[/snapback]

By the way, why do I have a warn-o-meter next to my name?

There is nothing wrong with people, Firefox has way to many memory leaks and if you like to open MANY pages at once like I do firefox usually hangs. I'm still trying to convert to Opera, I started using firefox, it's a bad habit like smoking.

That seems to be the problem with issues many people have with IE.  I used IE for 3 years and never had any kind of spyware installed on my browser, let alone my system.  The reason I switched to Firefox is because of its tab browsing and extensions.

586369463[/snapback]

I'll second that. I have never said IE is not a good browser, I used it for years and years and never had any major problems with it either and never got any spyware. I choose to use Firefox because I just like it more.

If a leaked alpha of IE7 being downloaded by the more technical users is enough to dent Firefox's market share then I dread to think what will happen when the final is released. Anyone that converted to Firefox for tabs will likely transfer straight back to IE7 and I doubt Firefox 1.5 or 2.0 will offer enough to win people over.

Still, I think I'll stick to Firefox.

The fact that Bonsi Buddy can suddenly appear on my computer with javascript disabled and active x disabled and all scripting whatsoever disabled when i use ie 6 scares me.

586369387[/snapback]

perhaps that 0.6% of users liked bonsai buddy and were upset when they could no longer use it :D

The fact that Bonsi Buddy can suddenly appear on my computer with javascript disabled and active x disabled and all scripting whatsoever disabled when i use ie 6 scares me.

That's because you probably installed a program bundled with spyware, not because of IE.

Neowin, is almost all made up of the top 0.5 % of people that are great with computers, that other 99.5% are people that are average, or suck with them, those people are do not modify windows, do not build their own PCS, etc etc. This includes the browser, Internet Explorer comes bundled with the MOST popular operating system on the planet, windows.

Firefox IS a better browser, despite what the IE fanboys' say here. Internet Explorer dominates because of it's Windows counterpart, and as long as it is bundled with windows, IE will dominate, hands down. :(

I build my own PC (I even OC it), I modify my windows and I'm great with computers overall, but I still use IE.

Why? Because it's faster than FF for me and I've never had any problems with it AT ALL.

Oh and "firefox is more secure"? Too bad the majority of the internet users weren't using FF, then we'd see what browser the hackers aimed at..

The uptick was due to the fact that people are discovering Maxthon! :woot:

Well, ok, probably really the whole IE 7 testing thing, but still, it could have been Maxthon...

:p

Oh and "firefox is more secure"? Too bad the majority of the internet users weren't using FF, then we'd see what browser the hackers aimed at..

586369678[/snapback]

Pretty irrelevant but. if it's more secure due to lack of exploits then it's still more secure. In the future that may change, but as of today it's ahead of IE (generally speaking)

That seems to be the problem with issues many people have with IE.  I used IE for 3 years and never had any kind of spyware installed on my browser, let alone my system.  The reason I switched to Firefox is because of its tab browsing and extensions.

586369463[/snapback]

Just so.

OPERA????

(shudder...)

586369712[/snapback]

Quite a handful of users set Opera to identify itself as Internet Explorer 6. Unfortunately, due to the nature of some sites screwing around with Opera if it detects it in the user agent, I just set it to IE6 to avoid problems.

So there could be the small percent of Opera users hidden in the IE usage statistics, because of this.

Speak for yourself, Mr "I love an inferior browsing experience" fanboy.

586369722[/snapback]

Or how about this, Mr. "My goal is to not respect free browser choice, spread Firefox, and bash anyone that thinks otherwise."

Why you users get so whiny about such a small decrease in market share amazes me. Does that affect your browsing experience in the smallest bit, or it affects you because of your 'spread Firefox' efforts? :pinch:

What's wrong with people?  Firefox is much better and customizable than IE and people are still going back to IE.  I just can't believe it.

586369371[/snapback]

It's called choice. If you choose FF, then use it and let people choose by themselves. ;)

Firefox IS a better browser, despite what the IE fanboys' say here.

586369541[/snapback]

Firefox IS NOT a better browser, despite what you say. Are you honestly so blind that you can't see how entirely subjective this debate is? I am a huge IE fanboy, and I definitely believe IE is better than Firefox. But I realize that other people have different wants/needs, and Firefox may be better for them.

Being unable to respect other people's views makes you a zealot, and nobody likes a zealot.

Being unable to respect other people's views makes you a zealot, and nobody likes a zealot.

Namecalling? Sad. :(

Besides, there is some pot calling kettle stuff going on there.