Harry Potter Misprint

Ok, i went out to my local store and was browsing the books. i picked up an edition of harry potter and the order of the phoenix, i opened it and it didnt have a chapeter one or even the front page with the copyright thing. it starts with page 721 to page 786, after that it continues with page 68 onwards untill the end.

Weird :blink:

Your best bet is to probably wait a few years before you sell it. Usually that increases the value of things.

Well.... except for baby-making ingredients....

If its a misprint then it could be worth A LOT. These types of mistakes are sometimes very rare. If you think it is a legit thing and real misprint, well lucky you. But I wouldn't ebay it until you find out how much it is worth.

I was working on a job in Tesco's the

other day and they had one in the returns pile which was mis-printed but I thought it wasn't worth picking up. :(

586372838[/snapback]

:no: There there my friend. Poor you lol.

Some copies of new Harry Potter book misprinted

Canadian Press

Toronto ? Some Harry Potter fans may have found it difficult to decipher the boy wizard's latest adventure.

An unknown number of first edition copies of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince were released with upside-down covers and sideways type.

"All the copy on the inside is printed upside down and skewed to the top," said Sorya Gaulin of Indigo Books and Music, who snapped up a defective copy of the book that she discovered in a store order.

Misprints aren't uncommon in the publishing world and even though the few defective copies are sure to draw special attention among the wizard-wild public, at least one collector says they won't amount to much more than a conversation piece.

"Books are bound upside down all the time. Dust jackets are misprinted, there's crooked type," said Burlington, Ont., bookseller Len Shoup.

A spokesman for Raincoast Books agreed that it's normal a few copies in a print run would have some faults, adding the company will exchange any defective copies of the Potter book.One of the flawed books was for sale Monday on online auction house EBay, drawing bids of almost $60. The book retails for about $41 in Canada.

Since so many millions of first edition copies have been printed, Shoup suggested the latest Harry adventure holds little interest for collectors.b>

"In my humble opinion, any copy of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince that came out Friday night at 12:01 isn't going to be worth much more 30 years from now because there are so many copies," he said.

Some 6.9 million first edition copies were sold in the United States over the weekend. More than two million were snapped up in the United Kingdom and Amazon's online book websites sold 1.5 million copies through advance orders. A spokesman for Raincoast said Monday that final numbers weren't yet available for Canada.

A first-printing, first-edition of the first book in the series, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, might be worth upwards of $30,000 US today, Shoup said.

Still, he admits that there may be some Potter fans who see special value in the flawed copies.

"You're dealing with real maniacs when it comes to Harry Potter, so there's no assigning logic to the whole thing."

Source

Don't worry, you didn't miss out on too muc:p:p

Totally unrelated: You have the exact same monitor as me!

Related: I wonder if you wait a couple of years and then sell it, it might gain some value...

586372965[/snapback]

it was a free upgrade from a crt to flat pannel

i could wait...