Official NFL Season 2005 Thread

with absolutely no running game, seattle could keep 3 guys on smith the whole time. no running game + no smith = no offense.

things might have been a little closer with a healthy foster.

with absolutely no running game, seattle could keep 3 guys on smith the whole time. no running game + no smith = no offense.

things might have been a little closer with a healthy foster.

Yeah well, that's the story of the Carolina Panthers isn't it? If you remember last year we were on our... 6th string running back if I remember correctly? :wacko:

as of right now, big ben is the new tom brady. smart, composed, accurate, effective, no mistakes, no turnovers. i LOVE that kind of qb. screw huge numbers, just win the game.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Thanks for the laugh! Ben played good in that game. The problem is that Denver isn't that good of a team. The real Denver Broncos and the real Jake Plummer showed up in that game. Did you see how soft the Denver converage was in that game? I could have completed passes to the recievers in that game, they were wide open. Ben won a couple of playoff games. Tom Brady won a couple of Super Bowls. Ben's not in the same league as Tom Brady. Don't be ridiculous.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Thanks for the laugh! Ben played good in that game. The problem is that Denver isn't that good of a team. The real Denver Broncos and the real Jake Plummer showed up in that game. Did you see how soft the Denver converage was in that game? I could have completed passes to the recievers in that game, they were wide open. Ben won a couple of playoff games. Tom Brady won a couple of Super Bowls. Ben's not in the same league as Tom Brady. Don't be ridiculous.

Does that mean the fake denver broncos handled the real new england patriots?

I love you guys make winning out to be because of the QB. "Ben won, Manning didn't", etc. No, Pittsburg won, Indy didn't.

I mean, c'mon guys, Trent Dilfer won a superbowl with the Ravens! Do you think Trent Dilfer is better than Peyton? What about Dan Marino?

Put Peyton on that 2000 Ravens team, Or Dan Marino, and they'd both have Superbowl rings.

Football is a team sport. No one wins a championship on a QB's arm alone.

i really don't know what you are talking about, but just for the record, i've never put ben in tom brady's league yet. tom went to michigan and he is my boy. nobody is close to him right now.

Does that mean the fake denver broncos handled the real new england patriots?

After living in Denver for four years, I became a Broncos fan. For some reason I could never get interested in the Phoenix Cardinals, although I lived there much longer. I didn't know what to think when they got Jake the Snake. :devil: Anyway, even as a Denver fan, I never expected them to get as far as they did with the 29th ranked passing defense. Sure New England made a ton of mistakes and lost, but Pittsburgh didn't and won easily. But i never expected Seattle to crush Carolina either!

• 2 weeks later...
Trent Dilfer

he won because he was a bull dog :rolleyes:

it wasnt jake plummers fult the broncos lost, the lack of WRs coming back to the ball made him look bad. jake looked alot better in that game then games last year.

Big ben does show some of the tom brady trates, use his brain. tom brady had a all pro QB to help him get the game, and did have to play much of the AFC chapionship game.and in that super bowl the rams had a problum passing the ball. and in another he did nothing in the 1st haft(even if it was agains a good D) and but if the panthers had another dive they would have most likely went down and got a TD.but time ran out and bardy became the new butt budy of madden(replace favre)