Just got Z-5500s

Alright, I just bought the Z-5500s from futureshop yesterday when I saw they had accidently put a 100 off sticker on them. Down to $400 from $500 :woot: , I couldnt resist. So I bought em along with a nice digital coax cable from monster. I went home, wired up all the speakers and stuff, but the digital coax cable doesnt fit into my sound card :cry: . I have an Audigy 2 ZS. Im pretty sure Im gonna need a coax-to-4 pole mini adapter, right :huh: ? I couldnt find one at futureshop or The source by cc.

Anyone know where I can find a coax-to-4 pole mini adapter online or otherwise? TIA.

i was looking for the same thing and i couldnt really find anything till now i see them all over the place.

Sorry to steal your thread but how much of a difference would you get with a digital coax cable?

You get digital quality, it carries all the channels I believe, and In digital quality, not analog.

You said you see them everyhwre now?? Could you tell me what stores/sites?

You need to buy an 1/8th inch mono-to-coax cable. Then plug it into the white port of your Audigy 2.

If you just want to use coax or optical, buy the.... dang I can't find it. It's the decoder in your Audigy 2's instruction manual, talking about digital audio. It's a little adapter that plugs into the white port.

I got my Z5500s on newegg 6 months back $299 shipped. Now they're $300.24 shipped :D

Edited by a level 27 mage

You need to buy an 1/8th inch mono-to-coax cable.  Then plug it into the white port of your Audigy 2 (That's the digital audio port, don't buy Creative's adapter because your Z-5500s decode it automatically!)

I got my Z5500s on newegg 6 months back $299 shipped.  Now they're $300.24 shipped :D

586398683[/snapback]

Go to www.Belkin.com. Theyt have anything you need.

Sorry to steal your thread but how much of a difference would you get with a digital coax cable?

586383305[/snapback]

the sound difference when fed with a digital signal vs an analgue signal is major.

ANYONE could pick which is analogue or digital if doing a test....it really is that much louder and clearer when given a digital signal.

i have a digital setup (5.1 yamaha system) via coaxial and honest to say, the difference is negligible. from what i know, the way audio is processed by computer, you actually lose quality because it doesn't truly output to digital. there was an article i read up on that some time ago, but i don't remember the details.

also, my z5500 is coming in tomorrow. =) i bought it with a printer for $220 tax and shipped. god i rule. muahaha!

You can get them through dell right now for 212$ with a free printer. I would have to say that you just robbed yourself thinking that you got a good deal..People seriously need to look around at the deal sites before making purchases. On the plus side, you bought some kickass speakers and should enjoy them immensely.

I got the Z-5300s for $199 at CompUSA. Even though they don't have digital inputs, I could care less. They sound great to me.

what, no, connect it with the 3 stereo mini connectors it comes with.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products...,CONTENTID=9486

Source Inputs

Digital optical for DVD or CD players, PlayStation?2, Xbox?**

Digital coaxial for DVD or CD players or PC sound cards (requires coaxial cable, sold separately)

6 channel direct (3 stereo-mini connectors) for 2, 4, or 6 channel PC sound cards OR

6 channel direct (3 stereo-mini connectors) for 3 stereo analog mini audio sources, like CD and DVD players, Playstation 2, Xbox, or 2 channel PC sound cards (some devices may require stereo mini to dual RCA adapter, sold separately)

Analog stereo-mini (on side panel of control center) for portable CD, MP3,or MiniDisc? players

Yeah, the 3 stereo mini connectors should do the job. That's how I have mine hooked up. BTW, I don't see how digital can make a difference when what comes out of the speakers is analog.