Media Control devices, Device manager

Does any one have non-faulty listings for Media Control Devices, in Device Manager, Sound, Video Game Controllers. I have it listed but none of the control devices show up in its properties, eg on xp i have MCIFMP32.dll which controls My hardware dvd card but on vista its not listed, hence my dvd card can install but not work(Sigma Designs Real Magic Hollywood) other things that would normally be there are dll's for windows video, cd music and midi, none are there. Legacy Audio Drivers and legacy Video Capture Devices seeem to be faulty as well and looking at their properties crashes something. Does everybody have these faults on Vista, would appreciate others looking in these places to verify.

Thanks

It's a beta. So not all of the drivers will just appear and be automatically compatible like in XP ...

586378262[/snapback]

Is that a yes, you see the same issue, I'm only asking to see if their is some way I can fix it, if everyone sees the same issue, I probablly can't but if others have no problem with those things I probablly can.

Device Manager>Go to "View" and click on show hidden devices.  See if it shows up for you!

586378773[/snapback]

No Doesn't show up, But notice When Right click add hardware option there is an add legacy hardware option, if you select this, these are the things that are on offer to be installed. Can anyone confirm that they have Media Control Devices listed in Sound and Game controllers in Device manager and that their are none of the typical control dll's listed. Installing via add legacy hardware just adds another copy of the non functioning legacy devices. This would be a majour cause of the problems with sound and media cards as this is were a lot of hardware loaded their control dll's in XP.