Wharfedale

digipoi

Anyone own/heard these models before? Looking for an affordable setup and can get a decent deal on the diamond 8.4 towers, 8 series center channel, and the DFS surround speakers. Ive read a couple of reviews from the US, but they are made in the UK (or somewhere in Europe), and wonder what the thought is from some UK (or European) folk. Dont mind opinions from wherever the heck you live though.

BGM

no personal experience but yeah they are ok,

but be aware you really do get what you pay for :)

ThaOddie

Wharfedale is one of the top brands in speakers.....sure they sell cheaper and more expensive sets, but overall it is a very good brand!! So if you can get a good deal on them, I say buy them!!!!

digipoi
Wharfedale is one of the top brands in speakers.....sure they sell cheaper and more expensive sets, but overall it is a very good brand!! So if you can get a good deal on them, I say buy them!!!!

586389282[/snapback]

Never heard of them until I did some extensive searching and havent read nothing but good reviews especially on the affordable models. Pretty much set on buying them to be honest. Anything could be better than my early model JBL sattelite 5.1 system. I need a fuller range plus I blew one of the surrounds.

@BGM, its either that or some bogus Sonys or spend much more than my wife can tolerate. Youre right though, you get what you pay for, learned that many moons ago. Once in a while, you do get surprised and this is what Im hoping for.

ThaOddie
Never heard of them until I did some extensive searching and havent read nothing but good reviews especially on the affordable models. Pretty much set on buying them to be honest. Anything could be better than my early model JBL sattelite 5.1 system. I need a fuller range plus I blew one of the surrounds.

@BGM, its either that or some bogus Sonys or spend much more than my wife can tolerate. Youre right though, you get what you pay for, learned that many moons ago. Once in a while, you do get surprised and this is what Im hoping for.

586389347[/snapback]

Yup, that's for sure, you get what you pay for, especially on audio equipment.

Those little satelite speakers are crap (no offence, but for some hooked on audio they sound like sh!t), because they have no speakerbox, just some box to put the speaker in, but no box that amplifies the sound. That's why good speakers all have a speakerbox of some exceptable size....

you can better buy a cheap amplifier with great speakers than the other way around!!!!

+NJ Louch

Their top end stuff is good

Their entry level stuff is not even worth touching.

digipoi
A pair of these for $320US? Would that be worth it? The center channel and surrounds for another $320. Whats the bad thing about them? Im just not too familiar with the brand here in the states.