2007 Subaru WRX STi

I do like my '05, but theres been some nice improvments to the '06 (check subaru's website, they're advertised there already) The WRX has slightly more HP and alot more torque, 217 ft/lbs for the 05, 235 ft/lbs for the '06. The option for leather seats on the '06 is one of the things I wish my 05 had, and the 17" wheels with painted subaru brake calipers look sweet, the tail lamps look good in my opinion too. I'm still undecided about the front end though, fortunately a complete model redesign is scheduled for 2007, the current 06 (while having the 3rd front restyle to date) is still a 2002 at it's heart.

Note to Subaru: get rid of the ugly green glow on the dash for the non-STi Impreza's, beef up your weak stereo, and add fold flat rear seats for the '07. just a few minor complaints.

almost all turbo performance cars require premium fuel

586400093[/snapback]

My SR20DET would like a word... runs happy on 95 octane, even the sticker on the fuel flap says so... does work better on Optimax though :happy:

I do like the look of the new scooby, the 03 / 04's looked a bit naff. the old 22b will still be the best looker though.

95 octane? Optimax? I take it you guys are from the UK. Here in the US, my WRX takes 93 octane, and shell's premium fuel is called V-power (93 octane).

Here's something radical for the Asian auto designers: make an affordable high performance car that didn't look tacky. I know, I know, it may be crazy, but maybe - just maybe - it would broaden their market. I, for one, love how both the STi and Evo perform, but wouldn't be caught dead pulling into a client's parking lot with either one - a sentiment shared by many like-minded professionals. Nissan seemed to get it right with the Z...

Can anyone confirm that this in fact is the 2007 subaru wrx?

11-12-04-01-2007-Subaru-WRX-STI.jpg

edit: looks to be actually the real thing...

http://www.autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleId=3481

586398632[/snapback]

That has to be one of the most ugly front's to a car ever :x , much prefer the current and the first, the second shape one looked more like a Toyota Corolla from the front.

They look A LOT better in person now that more dealerships and buyers in the U.S. are getting their hands on them. White has to by far be the best looking for this generation.. looks amazing in person. And all you have to do is wait for the tuners to mod the body a bit and clean it up.. and it's not like we have to wait long either. It seems as though Subaru pretty much redesigns the car somehow every two years.

Pretty ugly actually. :x

Also most of us who can afford the STi don't want the fugly giagantic boy racer wing on it either. Subaru has no clue and i always laugh when i see some middle aged guy driving an STI and theres that damn wing. Its like fast & furious 3, old and still driving.

I understand its actually functional but they could have made a lower profile one.

Once again shopping for a new car and the Subaru's won't be on th elist. Nope either a new '06 Mustang GT and a Yamaha R6 for me or just an '06 G35 6MT (thats a Nissan Skyline Coupe outside the states.) sans the bike. Just can't decide if i really want the bike as well or not.

Have i mentioned that there is no replacement for displacement? :yes:

• 4 weeks later...
95 octane? Optimax? I take it you guys are from the UK. Here in the US, my WRX takes 93 octane, and shell's premium fuel is called V-power (93 octane).

586479794[/snapback]

I believe octane ratings are calculated differently over there.

I'd always heard that fuel in the UK is generally lower quality that what we're used to in the US.

However, they do have one big advantage... All over Europe these days you can buy ultra low sulphur fuels. These offer a great advantage to new Audis and VWs with Audi's statified direct-injection system. My A3 has this technology, but unfortunately it can't make use of it with the fuel available in the US. If it could, my current 32MPG would be even higher and emissions would be ever lower.

Oh, and that STI is the ugliest POS ever.

Pretty ugly actually.  :x

Also most of us who can afford the STi don't want the fugly giagantic boy racer wing on it either.  Subaru has no clue and i always laugh when i see some middle aged guy driving an STI and theres that damn wing.  Its like fast & furious 3, old and still driving.

I understand its actually functional but they could have made a lower profile one. 

Once again shopping for a new car and the Subaru's won't be on th elist.  Nope either a new '06 Mustang GT and a Yamaha R6 for me or just an '06 G35 6MT (thats a Nissan Skyline Coupe outside the states.) sans the bike.  Just can't decide if i really want the bike as well or not.

Have i mentioned that there is no replacement for displacement?  :yes:

586525202[/snapback]

They do make a lower profile one, it's on the WRX. Any decent dealership would be happy to swap it over for you. That's less possible now that the STi comes with two spoilers but... you could still do it.

the back looks good, the front looks :x

i always wonder how exec's in these car companies release new models that are uglier than the previous models. i mean is there no one in the testing process that says, "come on guys, this is ugly?" while theres a thread full of people on a random forum that almost unamiously agree its ugly.

It may look very bad, but it goes like stink. It's a good match up for he Evo series. I like it. To hell with the looks. I mean, u will be sitting inside the car, wont u? :laugh: U wont be able to see that crappy front end.