Emac now with superdrive :D

Originally posted by hkey_root

I like the screens on the eMac's. They are quite ugly imho, but it's a mac, and I'd take it over a PC anyday.

--dave

They are extremely ugly and the only reason I would buy one would be if I was on a budget

Originally posted by Wickedkitten

They are extremely ugly and the only reason I would buy one would be if I was on a budget

Hmmmmm, I could quite possibly be on a budget, and they look kind of like the snow iMac's don't they? Just an iMac painted all white? Or are they bigger?

Ugly or not, if you had to have either an eMac or a PC you know which one you'd choose.

--dave

Hmmmmm, I could quite possibly be on a budget, and they look kind of like the snow iMac's don't they? Just an iMac painted all white? Or are they bigger?

Ugly or not, if you had to have either an eMac or a PC you know which one you'd choose.

--dave

the only thing I can think of doing with one of those would be finding an all white wallpaper, slapping on the milk theme, and having an all white milky computer on a complete white wooded desk in an all white room then snapping a picture of it and sending it to ikea

the only thing I can think of doing with one of those would be finding an all white wallpaper, slapping on the milk theme, and having an all white milky computer on a complete white wooded desk in an all white room then snapping a picture of it and sending it to ikea

Those would be perfect for the Milk Theme.

No matter what it looks like on the outside, it's still a Mac. I've seen some dodgy looking PC's before. It might just be me, but HP Pavilions are getting uglier with each passing day.

--dave

Those would be perfect for the Milk Theme.

No matter what it looks like on the outside, it's still a Mac. I've seen some dodgy looking PC's before. It might just be me, but HP Pavilions are getting uglier with each passing day.

--dave

see thats funny cos when hp first came out with the pavilions that had the clear bits on them I would have killed for one cos I thought it looked cool :hides:

see thats funny cos when hp first came out with the pavilions that had the clear bits on them I would have killed for one cos I thought it looked cool :hides:

Just thinking that way is reason to be burned alive at the Mac Stake.

Not to get off topic, but when is Ross going to buy the new cube?

--dave

Just thinking that way is reason to be burned alive at the Mac Stake.

Not to get off topic, but when is Ross going to buy the new cube?

--dave

I see a tower and a Tibook in the not so distant future ;)

I see a tower and a Tibook in the not so distant future ;)

No more cubes?

When you guys get the Tibook, I'm buying a boat, sailing across the river, and I'm moving in.

--dave

No more cubes?

When you guys get the Tibook, I'm buying a boat, sailing across the river, and I'm moving in.

--dave

I'd suggest you get one with a motor, as you're going to have to get all the way across the proverbial "pond"

I'd suggest you get one with a motor, as you're going to have to get all the way across the proverbial "pond"

When you get the tower and the Tibook you will infact take many pictures of this and let those of us who are less fortunate drool over them right? In all fairness, if I bought a PC that was droolworthy (true, it'd probably have to be the Deep Blue) I'd take pictures and let you lot see.

--dave

Originally posted by unspec

Of course.

Hell I'll even do an opening-the-box-experience thing.

Not a sad geeky thing to do...honestly.

:ponder:

--

unspec

Do an entire series. From the tower and tibook in the box, to hooking it up, to first boot, to user experience, (leave out the pr0n), to shut down and restarting. I know I for one would be very interested.

--dave

Originally posted by unspec

Of course.

Hell I'll even do an opening-the-box-experience thing.

Not a sad geeky thing to do...honestly.

:ponder:

--

unspec

He actually DID do that with the cube

my hun is sad, sad but cool

He actually DID do that with the cube

my hun is sad, sad but cool

That's not sad. He should have made a wallpaper out of it. A wallpaper of a picture of a Cube.

--dave

Originally posted by Silvorgold

i'm probably gonna get an emac even tho they are ugly, n idd really want a 120 gig drive/superdrive but i just dont have that money lol

just buy the hd seperately and pop it in

Originally posted by Silvorgold

lol they do, if i ever did that, i wouldnt know how to put it back together

I have a service guide (would get you the url but can't find it now) from Apple, that describes how to take everything apart. Doesn't seem very hard at all actually, if you just have some experience with computers. One thing though, is that it seems like if you add a new hard drive, you'd have to equip it with thermal pads, but those shouldn't be to hard to get hold of.. If you want the service guide, just email me (in my profile) and I'll send it your way.

As for the whole eMac ugliness thing.. I actually think it looks really cool (not as cool as the new iMac mind you, but then again, those monitors can only show 1024x768), and I'm getting one. It'll look cool on my IKEA desk (not white, but aluminum and glass ;)) with my other furniture, which is all IKEA :D