Office 12 Beta 1

From what Microsoft did with Office 2003, I'd say we'll see a beta Spring '06... but that could change.

*This is based on how long the beta took with Office 2003, & the current scheduled release time frame of Office 12.

The first beta is due around November, I believe

EDIT: Never mind, thats just the date you must complete the Office Competency Course to be automatically guaranteed a spot on the test http://blogs.msdn.com/sluper/archive/2005/07/19/440436.aspx

I'd still expect Beta 1 to be around October/Novemeber, because IIRC Office 2003 went Gold Augustish 2003 and the first beta was in October

Last I heard was that a DF4 build was going to be made available (shortly, maybe in time for the PDC) to certain testers (not sure if that includes the PDC attendees) and that beta 1 will follow in the time frame listed.

but don't quote me on that...

Josh

I can't wait to test it, Office 12 and Windows Vista are gonna be so sweet!!!!!!

I can't wait to test it, Office 12 and Windows Vista are gonna be so sweet!!!!!!

586421685[/snapback]

I'd rather concentrate on Vista. But it will be interesting to see if I get an invite for O12. I can live without testing that. :sleep:

586421685[/snapback]

If you haven't already plan on investing in Sharepoint

Apparently, Office 12 will include a new Ribbon system replacing the current toolbar. They did that because so many people hated the Office 11 look.

Apparently, Office 12 will include a new Ribbon system replacing the current toolbar. They did that because so many people hated the Office 11 look.

586422848[/snapback]

You will probably only see this in certain apps, (word, powerpoint, excel) not in the rest of the office suite.

If you haven't already plan on investing in Sharepoint

586422397[/snapback]

For SharePoint 12, I hope they take some ques from the "Blog". Making TeamSites look blogs is awful and just cannot be done it seems. I love it though, SharePoint is such a hottie! ;)

Looking forward to Beta testing. Right now office is ok but I can't wait to give it a go and see what the office team have been up to. :)

I just don't know if I find this stuff stimulating anymore. It's a Office Package for crying out loud. How anyone can kick up a fuss over this stuff or give two hoots is beyond me. :unsure:

Thanks, :D

From what Microsoft did with Office 2003, I'd say we'll see a beta Spring '06... but that could change.

*This is based on how long the beta took with Office 2003, & the current scheduled release time frame of Office 12.

586420493[/snapback]