Google Talk's very first secrets

Believe it or not i've found quite a few exploits, one that may allow you to steal other peoples accounts. I'm prolly gonna report it to google once i figure out exactly how it works.

586426410[/snapback]

oh snap!

that would suck....that's a pretty big exploit especially for google....

Anybody know a simple patch tool?

586424877[/snapback]

PPF is the best tool there is almost damn near standard and not ill. to post the PPF patch and also comes with undo as well

I ran strings on googletalk.exe and got:

/mailto

/gaiaserver

/nomutex

/factoryreset

/plaintextauth

/nogaiaauth

/checkupdate

/register

/forcestart

/autostart

/autostart is used by the autogenerated HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run entry.

I don't understand what all the excitement is all about. Google talk is lame, does not have many features you can find in other IM, like file transfer, video chat, icons and more.

They still have a lot of work to do on it :|

agreed, but it'll get there.. I think many of us like the strip down of features in gtalk and to have just the basic messaging features while having simplicity..

??? How do you get to Dialogs? 420?

586426569[/snapback]

Freeware:

Reshacker (Google It)

ResEdit by TGTSoft

Shareware:

eXeScope

DigitalSnow

Edited by DigitalSnow

Awesome Thanks!! Got RedEdit and see the Debug window.

Freeware:

Reshacker (Google It)

RedEdit by TGTSoft

Shareware:

eXeScope

DigitalSnow

586426578[/snapback]

Hmm, anyone else noticed the "Enable Shaker" on the debug settings? Could that be like nudge in msn messenger?

586425206[/snapback]

It's probably a reference to "handshaking", a kind of action that is common in protocols.

is there any way to use reshack for the top part? like where the inbox | settings | help buttons are?

586426764[/snapback]

As of now, I can't hack into the main windows and chat window.

I don't understand what all the excitement is all about. Google talk is lame, does not have many features you can find in other IM, like file transfer, video chat, icons and more.

They still have a lot of work to do on it :|

586426469[/snapback]

not if there goal is to only chat. I could give a flying crap about almost all the things you mention except file transfer.

I'm trying to make window 140 accessible, which lets you sign on to non-Google XMPP servers.

"googletalk /factoryreset" nukes all your registry prefs.

the game is wampus.game add that name to your list and then wait for it to accept you, and then you can play by typing play to it. Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread but they were missing the '.' Make sure to have the period in between wampus and game

I'm trying to make window 140 accessible, which lets you sign on to non-Google XMPP servers.

"googletalk /factoryreset" nukes all your registry prefs.

586426881[/snapback]

how are you getting into it to try and make it accessible? just a reshacker?

Sorry i'm a noob, where do you type all these commands?

I tried in the convo window, didn't work.

586426910[/snapback]

When you run it you have to run it from the command line or change the shortcut. so like you would run "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe /whatever" and whatever is the flags that have been mentioned