Opera to be Free

I like Opera because its made in Norway or whatever, but I didn't like it because of the ad's. It will be good to see an ad less version. My idea desktop market share distribution would be FF 80%, Opera 9.9%, IE 0.1 % .... but then I guess i'm dreaming again.

WEEE got an ad free opera.

I never really was botherd by the ads They didn't seem that intrusive when you got a big high res screen.

But frees up some more space :)

Just installed Opera 8.0.2 with the legit registration code. It works perfect. I like it.. and it is quite efficient in terms of memory usage too.

Opening the same page, and Opera loads just about as fast as IE7 Beta1, and Firefox is trailing behind.

Checking the Task Manager, and I see the following memory usage..

Firefox 1.0.6 (with no Java plugin): 23,816K

IE7 Beta1 (with MSJVM): 20,024K

Opera 8.0.2 (with no Java plugin): 9,324K

I'll switch if someone can tell me how to get all the File Edit View menus and the address bar on one line and just have the tab bar beneath it. I hate wasted space, even at 1600x1200.

For the people saying Firefox removes ad's. Outpost Firewall removes ads from all browsers by defaults. And since its a pretty good firewall I've switched to that + Opera and I'm not having any problems with ads. Altough IMO ads shouldnt be something that should influence your decision on a browser. :|

I'll switch if someone can tell me how to get all the File Edit View menus and the address bar on one line and just have the tab bar beneath it. I hate wasted space, even at 1600x1200.

586453444[/snapback]

I agree, I have the file edit view etc. menu, the addy bar, bookmark toolbar and foward-back buttons all on one line.