Dell tired of sticker mania from MS and Intel

> I like my shiny stickers. They let me know what's in my old computers without turning them on or opening them up.

I like 'em as well, and whenever a new machine gets put together at work, I collect the stickers that go unusued.

I have an old full-tower case at home (~30 inches tall) that has stickers from top to bottom. Is it really a dual-Xeon box? Original Pentium? Athlon 64? Who knows... :D

I can see why someone like Dell hates the stickers though.

I have an old full-tower case at home (~30 inches tall) that has stickers from top to bottom.  Is it really a dual-Xeon box?  Original Pentium?  Athlon 64?  Who knows...  :D

586458923[/snapback]

can you post a picture of it ? :D might be funny !

I always thought these companies get advertising dollars from MS/intel for putting on their stickers !

Also on my dell laptop the intel sticker (pre-centrino, p4-M) faded off quite soon whereas WindowsXP one stayed without any fading etc

I like my shiny stickers. They let me know what's in my old computers without turning them on or opening them up.

586458598[/snapback]

agreed.

ill go with no stickers. *looks at powerbook* ahh so clean and sticker free, hell the big lit up apple is even on the other side, the only advertisement at all is the "PowerBook G4" under the screen that rarely catches your eye.

It will be nice to see dell get rid of the stickers, they serve no use.

Dell did.

Dell want the companies to pay them to stick them on so that is clearly why there bitching about it.

If they didn't bitch about it they would have just cut them from the production cycle and there would be no story.

586458620[/snapback]

That's understandable, there basically advertising the companies, they should get money for it. But then again, it's not like they don't have enough flow already. :shifty:

I don't mind Centrino/Intel/AMD and Windows stickers - they're small. The rest are worthless. My new laptop got to keep the Centrino and the XP stickers - the rest were flushed.

Err, right...

Dell had to pay, not Dell made them pay.  ;)

586458662[/snapback]

Did you not read what I said?

I think you need to re-read my post before you reply with whatever that was.

no, the machines can.

I can build a system in 30 mins, once all the parts are out etc.

586458497[/snapback]

I work at Dell and yes the systems are built in about 4-5 min by people not machines.

I work at Dell and yes the systems are built in about 4-5 min by people not machines.

586460909[/snapback]

LOL.. so that's why Dell Inspiron 8100 is soo crappy.. crashing every 6 hours periodically? heh.. That was back in 2001.

I don't use Dell anymore.. POS to me.

IBM Thinkpad and Compaq Evo business laptops all the way.

Not to get distracted or anything, but my stance is that stickers should stay if they don't get washed away too easily in the long run. For all three of my laptops, Intel sticker is always the first one to go off (all sticky and hard to get off).

The Windows sticker (depends on the location.. why on earth do they always put it on palm rest area for laptops?), sometimes gets rubbed shinny clean. Otherwise, I don't mind. I love my "Designed for Windows XP" sticker.

My thinkpad still has the "Designed for Windows 2000, 98, and NT" Sticker on it. Its still perfect. THe "Intel Inside Pentium III" sticker is starting to peel at the corners though. I guess MS just makes better stickers.