bmw oil change pricing?

All e30's (sept maybe the 318's) had timing belts. They are a common problem... because when they break.. there goes your valves and your pistons 99% of the time.

Check e30tech.com out.

586459929[/snapback]

I stand corrected :)

Interesting that the small 6 and 4's had belts.

The M10 (the 4 cylinder) had chains in the 2002, and in the F1 engine variants...

You get free oil changes on new BMWs for the first 4 years/50k miles.

My 325xi is still enjoying the freebie period, whereas I'm paying ~150 for my slightly older and much higher mileage X5 3.0i. Again, these rates vary by dealer. Since it is synthetic oil (BMW has their own branded oil - manufactured by one of the big companies...hilarious) with "high performance" filters, it tends to cost more. You'll also get a LOT more mileage from said synthetic oil. Most high end cars will get between 10-15k between changes.

Our Italian toy, on the other hand, costs in the 500 range to change the precious goo (no, not the fabled $1k oil change like some allege). Though the dealer gave us a break on our first one. Lambo's maintenance program is interesting: you pay for parts, they take care of labor. Again, this is thru Lambo of Bergen County in Lodi, New Jersey; I've been told that other dealers vary greatly.

The girlfriend pays less than $100 on her mighty NSX at the local Honda dealer. Now that's quality ;)

Never take your Bimmer to ****ing Jiffy Lube. Do it yourself and take pride in your car. If you are too lazy to take 30min out of your busy schedule then take it to an indy BMW mechanic. The $300 quoted sounds like BMW Inspection I which covers more than just an oil change (but still something you can easily do yourself).

As far as oil goes there are several opinions. Synthetic or mineral depending on the model year.

• 5 years later...

i know this thread is ****ing old, but if you have an extended warranty (like i do) you have to take it to the dealer :(

bunch of crooks! :angry:

Just change the oil yourself, it's easier than on american cars. The oil filter sits right on top of the engine.