Creative Inspire 5.1 5300 HELP!!!!!!

Hey gang. Got my question of the day today, I just bought the creative Inspire 5.1 5300 speakers today w/ subwoofer. Well, I got it all setup, and here is the problem.

The only speakers working are the front speakers and the sub woofer, and the center speaker. I can hear the rear speakers hissing, but no sound. Now, if I change the speakers from front to rear, (the wires that is) the rear work, and the front don't. My friend has the same system, and it does the same thing, so I know the speakers I have aren't busted. I am running Windows XP home. ANy help would be appreciated. If you need anymore detail, please respond and I'll respond as quickly as possible.

Mike

Originally posted by dacbo

hey it might b worth tellin us how u fixed it in case others have this problem

very true. I updated the creative soundblaster drivers located here: SoundBlaster Live! Value http://www.americas.creative.com/support/f...ntric=107&OS=13

One the software was downloaded, i rebooted, then went into the "mixer" and changed the speakers from 2 to 4. :)

Mike

all you gotta do (for those who don't know) is just set the speaker settings in Control Panel to 5.1 speakers (in Sounds, Video and that area...) once you do that they just work. The only time that doesn't work is on the SB Live value sound card and therefore you need software from creative. I just used the default drivers that's in XP and everything works beautifully.

Originally posted by SHoTTa35

all you gotta do (for those who don't know) is just set the speaker settings in Control Panel to 5.1 speakers (in Sounds, Video and that area...) once you do that they just work. The only time that doesn't work is on the SB Live value sound card and therefore you need software from creative. I just used the default drivers that's in XP and everything works beautifully.

That will not work. :)

Mike

edit: yes it will, maybe i should read your full post before posting. lol. you only have to do this for Value cards.

Mike