[NFL] Corey Simon joins the Colts

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Defensive tackle Corey Simon, cut by the Philadelphia Eagles, agreed to a multiyear contract Thursday with Indianapolis in what could be a big boost for the Colts' defense.

The Eagles removed the franchise tag on the former first-round draft pick Sunday, making him an unrestricted free agent. The negotiations with the Colts didn't take long, agent Roosevelt Barnes said.

Barnes said he finished the deal "in principle" with Colts president Bill Polian on Thursday morning and that Simon, who has 32 sacks in his five-year NFL career, would probably be in Indianapolis on Friday for a physical.

"Working with Mr. Polian and the fact that Tony Dungy is there, out of all the teams that were courting Corey, he felt like he's got the prettiest girl at the prom now," Barnes said.

SOURCE

Better defense = yay for Colts. :p

Anything to make the Eagles weaker.  (Y)

586464970[/snapback]

Ha, he is going to end up like Trotter, Hugh Douglas, Carlos Emmons, Troy Vincent, and Bobby Taylor. As soon as they left the Eagles they ended up doing nothing for their next teams.

trotter came back and is a beast. but remember, dungy is a Defensive coach and will really take advantage of his strengths.

but remember kids, nfc owns. :)

586474005[/snapback]

Lol, maybe like 3 teams in the NFC.

HILADELPHIA (AP) -- The Philadelphia Eagles bolstered their depleted receiving corps, signing wideout Darnerien McCants to a one-year contract on Saturday.

The NFC champions also released popular defensive end Hugh Douglas, former starting fullback Jon Ritchie and veteran punter Sean Landeta to reach the roster limit of 53 players.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/foot...s.ap/index.html

This is a good move for the Colts...I was really glad to see this. I'm a big Colts fan, but I used to cringe when I watched their defense. They were as soft as the "Snuggle Bear"