Windows Vista Review (Codename Longhorn)

hi guys. i have write a review about windows vista and i would like to tell me your opinion about it.

You can find it here -> http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Sp...=14850&PageId=0

Introduction

A couple of years after the first releases of Windows Longhorn, Microsoft has released Windows Vista public Beta 1 (codename Longhorn). A few months later Microsoft will also deliver beta 2 and finally, the final release of Windows Vista is scheduled in the year 2006. Microsoft promises us that this new operating system will deliver a new, powerful security system, reliability and performance improvements.

More specifically, Amy Stephan, a senior product manager with the Windows client unit has stated that Windows Vista will:

launch applications 15% faster than Windows XP does

boot PCs 50% faster than they boot currently and will allow PCs to resume from standby in two seconds

allow users to patch systems with 50% fewer reboots required (we hope so)

reduce the number of system images required by 50%

enable companies to migrate users 75% faster than they can with existing versions of Windows.

Stephan also said that "Microsoft's goal is to allow administrators to install Longhorn on new systems in 15 minutes".

We tested the Beta version for you, in order to find out if Microsoft's promises are going to become reality. Let's take a look, starting with the technical improvements. This review will be updated soon, to include screenshots of visual improvements as well as other pertinent information.

Read more here

Edited by Exoskeletor

:huh: I supose the review is well written. But I still have not read one thing that makes me want Windows Vista. Pretty new graphics and effects are not going to do it.

I seem to remember a pre-Windows XP release boast that 'no rebooting' would be necessary. Now Vista claims 50% less reboots ???

And except for Win XP itself, any applications I run, do so in a split second. And my CPU at best, is only 50% the speed of the 'fastest'. Speed is not that important for my purposes.

I don't see the big deal in how fast Windows boots up. My laptop takes maybe 15 seconds. What is anyone going to do with a few extra seconds ? :unsure:

Only the most strung-out business person is in that much of a rush.

And the threats of more digital rights limits, difficulty installing and running present software, needed updates, and probably having to buy new, compatible hardware all add up to No Sale for Microsoft. :no:

[Yes, I know many people out there are die-hard Longhorn fans -- these are just MY opinions.]

JoDaddy you get an error? which browser you use? CDRInfo supports Opera, Firefox internet explorer 6 for sure. Internet explorer 7 is not supported.

586477788[/snapback]

Yeah - I'm using IE7.

Thanx for the comments guys.

Hum i think that when microsoft says no rebooting about windows xp it means that windows xp doesnt hang up like windows 98. In vista now even when you are upgrading a component of windows you dont need to reboot the computer.

A lot of users doesn't found anything special in this release, its faster, more stable and more secure. now the security looks lice the security in linux, the environment is like in mac os x and a lot of other tweaks makes it so easy and fast to explore your computer. What do you want to see in order to say "hey, that a great improvement"? Even when you have a problem (on the windows or on the partition and you cant boot on the windows), windows visa will solve it alone.

• 4 weeks later...