01' Chrysler Town and Country

My grandparents 2001 Chrysler Town and Country is having issues. First the speedometer stopped working, and then it started to cut out. Shortly after, the check engine light came out and the RPMs were highly then normal. It seemed to have trouble switching gears. We brought it into a small repair shop and they checked the normal stuff but couldn't find anything. They should to bring it to the dealership which were are unable to do today. Anyone have any advice or know what to do? Thanks.

There is very little that you can do on your own for the problems you are having. The speedo problem may be a Body Computer problem and the engine and trans problems could be with the Engine or Trans Computers. It could be a communications problem between the various modules or a bad ground somewhere. On the other hand, all the problems could be caused by a bad vehicle speed sensor. A good shop should be able to scan it, check for codes, and go from there.

Chryslers are known to have poor transmissions, so i wouldnt be surprised if that was ur tranny problem. If its still under warranty i would go to the dealership now

586482624[/snapback]

should still be hopefully unless they drive it an insane amount and voided there warranty due to too many miles