6.8Ghz Laptop

EPR

PATENT PENDING!

AtomChip? Quantum? II processor

6.8GHz with 256MB on-board memory

This allows for high-density storage of information [128MB/square millimeter, which has the thickness of 20 microns of the recording media (array)] as well as no sensetivity to defects in material. As recording media a new composition of materials is used, which allows for unlimited re-recording of information with very high speeds (fractions of a nanosecond). In one square millimeter there are 512 x 512 = 262,144 stacks, each 1?m in diameter. Overall each square millimeter has the thickness of the recording media (array) of 20 microns and stores 262,144 x 512bytes = 134,217,728 bytes = 128MB. One cubic millimeter contains: 128MB x 50(1mm/20?m) = 6,400MB. At this time we only use the density of information of 3.2GB/square millimeter, or half the capability.

BRIEF DESCRIPTION

Beam splitter divides a laser beam to reference and object beams. Then spatial light modulator imposes the image of data to be stored onto an object beam, and through a transform lens focuses interference figure (of the image) from object and reference beams onto an area 1?m in diameter in a particular region in the recording media. In order to record information to a recording media an electromagnetic field is formed, which allows to fix the light interference figure (of the image) to be fixed on the focused area. In order to record numerous words onto the same area, the angle where the reference beam crosses the object beam is changed. This is done using the invented ultra-high speed optoelectronic mirror.

The data is retrieved by disconnecting the object beam and allowing only the reference beam with necessary angle of multiplex transformation to pass through the recording media. The source of the electromagnetic field in the recording media is also disconnected, being needed only during the recording of information. Light image from the recording media is projected onto a matrix decoder where optical display is transformed into digital electrical signals.

DESIGN

The non-volatile integrated optoelectronic random access memory device consists of three functional units: Decoder/transceiver, memory cartridge and adapter with optical fiber.

DECODER/TRANSCEIVER is mounted on the motherboard of the computer (or other electronic devices) and is electrically hooked up to the processor. The following devices are located in the decoder/transceiver: laser beam splitter, spatial light modulator, optoelectronic word mirror with transform lens, matrix converter of the optical display in electrical signals and other circuits for the interface.

MEMORY CARTRIDGE -removable memory chip or removable memory module has only a few pinouts (Power, Ground and Read/Write enable) and optical input/output for the laser beam. Memory array, optoelectronic address mirror with transform lens and detector are located in the cartridge.

ADAPTER is permanently mounted on the outer case of the computer (or other electronic devices) and is intended for the hook up of the removable memory cartridges and for the transfer of light through the optical fiber and electrical signal through the electrical cable between the cartridge and the decoder/transceiver . The optical fiber has two independent optical lines intended for reading and recording of information. There are a few versions of the adapter.

The use of this new memory allows to totally revise the concept of the making of the design not only of the computer, which lacks mechanical parts, but of other electronic devices, for instance video recorders, CD, DVD and a lot of others, since the physical characteristics and the density of information of the new optical memory are superior to all existing information storage devices.

Source

Laptop Pic

sicburns

Thats like 2.5 times faster than my PC.

RadishTM

I see a 1TB hard drive on that laptop :|

Radish?

Daniel Tablas

Woah, technology is advancing soo fast. 1TB of Ram :o

Jason S.

whoa... and 1TB non-volatile ram???

sicburns

1.0 TB of memory! This is not possible.

TheNay

OMG its real, they goin to be at CES 2006 in January

n30w1n

I can easily believe a 6.8GHz CPU. I can *barely* believe a 6.8GHz CPU in such a dense heat environment. I can NOT believe a System Properties window that says 1TB RAM, on an OS that had a 4GB on a 32 bit platform or 128GB on a 64 bit platform RAM limitation last time I checked...

EDIT:

Here is some really big text to make my comment stand out. Windows XP would not run 1TB of RAM. It's FAKE.

Baptist

with 1 awesome big graphic card & im buying it :D

Crimson Behelit

Holy hell! This technology sounds very promising... I'd like to see where this takes non-computer gadgets/gizmos in the next 10 years.

TheNay
Thats like 2.5 times faster than my PC.

586486596[/snapback]

You have 500GB of Ram in your computer? lol

You lie. You may have half the speed but not the performance ;)

EPR

Processor: 6.8GHZ CPU (AtomChip? Quantum? II processor or 4 x Intel? Pentium? M processors 1.7CHz) /

System Compliance: Two Operating Systems with Voice Command (Microsoft? Windows? XP Professional and Linux?) /

Memory: 1TB Quantum-Optical non-volatile RAM (NvIOpSRAM-SODIMM 200-pin) /

Storage: 2TB non-volatile Quantum RAM (NvIOpRAM-ATA IDE)

http://atomchip.com/_wsn/page4.html

Hurmoth

I'm sorry, but a 1TB of RAM ... I don't believe it. Someone knows Photoshop :p

I might would have believed it with the 1TB of hard drive space, and even the processor speed is sort of believeable, but the memory... I just find that extremely hard to believe!

psybapunk

its fake, and to thenay, he was referring to his processor clock speed.

DaveLegg

Its strange that a company selling such a laptop doesnt know how to take a screenshot, you will see that the images of the system properties window were taken by camera, not by the normal print screen button, which is a bit suspicious.

TheNay
its fake, and to thenay, he was referring to his processor clock speed.

586486635[/snapback]

Reread my post, I know that.

"You may have half the speed but not the performance"

Ramble

Fake, what kind of company uses block capitals for marketing..

ev0|

lol at all the n00bs on neowin.

lieberman computer anyone ? :happy:

Quantum-Optical ? LOL so lame

this sums it up

Processor: 6.8GHZ CPU (AtomChip? Quantum? II processor or 4 x Intel? Pentium? M processors 1.7CHz)

?? :rof:laugh:ug:huh:hu:x :x

Processorclosed5.98x5.67.jpg

doesn't look like it's made very we;) ;)

Edited by ev0|
TheNay
lol at all the n00bs on neowin.

lieberman computer anyone ??:happy::

Quantum-Optical ? LOL so lame

this sums it up

???:rofl:l::laugh:gh::huh:uh::x :x

586486666[/snapback]

They will provide either or, look more under...

Weight: 1.9kg(when fully equipped with AtomChip? Quantum? II processor) and 2,20kg(when fully equipped with 4 x Intel? Pentium? M processors)

I'll be assuming that the Intel one will be cheaper and the other one more $$$.

Thats if its real, who ;)ows ;)

ev0|

you missed my point buddy : Chz....is that "Cheesahertz" ? Do you trust a company without a good spellchecker and all bold ?

besides...4 x Pentium ms in a laptop ? Nooo....

Edited by ev0|
phoe*nix

I don't know what anyone would do with 1Tb of RAM. I hope this is real.

TheNay
you missed my point buddy : Chz....is that "Cheesahertz" ? Do you trust a company without a good spellchecker and all bold ?

586486709[/snapback]

Regardless, its two products :rolleyes:

Mayb they aren't good @ English.. lol

btw, I don't see Cheesahertz anywhere on the site.