6.8Ghz Laptop

Mouldy_punk, I have an open mind about future technologies. Quantum computing may be here one day, nanotechnology will become a mainstream part of our lives, and everything will have an IP address, including your shirt, socks, and nose hair.

Optical packet switching is the way of the future

But, I also know a hoax when I see one. 

A) I am not even going to go over the memory issue in 32bit processing.

B) Quantum computing would have no need for a GHZ rating.  So, you can throw a comma in there anyway you like it, i dont care.  There shouldn't be a comma or a period, because there should be no GHZ speed rating

C) You should read the white-papers and RFC on Nanotechnology, Quantum computing, and super-conductivity.  These are BIG budget problems, with BIG budget solutions.  Quantum computing is either never going to happen, or at least 10 years away.  You can not overcome these problems by hooking up a fiber cable to a stereo headphone jack, and mashing it on a motherboard, and taking a picture.

586501117[/snapback]

True, what they are claiming is a tad doubtfull. But the bottom line is, it IS possible. Budget wise, they may have been funded by a large corporation or something. Ghz wise, perhaps they are just using the "traditional" Mhz/Ghz rating system as a guideline so that people will have a rough idea of how it compares with current processors. The memory issue in 32bit processing can't be proven either way, I know you didn't address that issue, but just to through my 0.02 in...clearly to be able to get win XP running on such a system, XP would have been needed to be hacked considerably (which is also possible through reverse engineering) so while they're busy hacking XP to see the processor as something it will understand (and a clockspeed that XP wanted to measure in Ghz) they could have addressed the issue with the memory limits.

As far as the comma goes, that is just a language barrier. Some countries would use a dot, others would use a comma. Heck, you can even change that in a bog-standard Win XP installation (Control panel > Regional & Language settings > Regional options > Customise)

But like you said, a boring stereo audio jack does look a bit...well...boring in comparison to the rest of the system's specs.

You know what is funny, if they would have shown the technology off as "tested and working", without showning that it is already working and functional in windows, i may be more optomistic about it. I mean, if they had a custom OS, that only showed basic funcionality, it would actually be believable. Stereojack and all :)

Edited by quigley0

I re-read the article again, and I cannot find anywhere where they actually say that the chip is a "quantum-computing" chip. I think the name is only Quantum.

So, it looks more like it is only an Optical-based processor, which is nice. But, I dont see why they would use such a large lens on the chip (most fiber is very very very tiny). So, i'll back off of my Quantum computing arguement, since, I dont beleive this would be a Quantum computer, but, i still feel that it looks too shoddy to be real. Again, if you took away the windows screenshots, i may beleive that they may have gotten the processor to add 2+2, but, thats about it.

Since when has the "X" to close the window in windows XP looked like this then?....Fake if u ask me  :happy:

atom_chip_2TB_hdd.jpg

586501153[/snapback]

It's always been that way... if it's not the same with your computer, then I guess your computer is actually fake. :unsure: I think.

Anyway, you can adjust the size of the close button... I think it has something to do with DPI settings or something.

Since when has the "X" to close the window in windows XP looked like this then?....Fake if u ask me  :happy:

atom_chip_2TB_hdd.jpg

586501153[/snapback]

That is completely unrelated to anything dude, play with your window title sizes and you will see that is possible ;)

"the x was too big so the hardware obviously not new technology and just a fake" give me a break..

The memory issue in 32bit processing can't be proven either way, I know you didn't address that issue, but just to through my 0.02 in...clearly to be able to get win XP running on such a system, XP would have been needed to be hacked considerably (which is also possible through reverse engineering) so while they're busy hacking XP to see the processor as something it will understand (and a clockspeed that XP wanted to measure in Ghz) they could have addressed the issue with the memory limits.

586501179[/snapback]

It's not that simple. Even if they wrote their own HAL (good luck) they wouldn't be able to recompile Windows for their platform.

If they're claiming x86 compatibility - which would be needed to take that screenshot - they would not be able to address more than 4GB of memory with the OS version they were running and PAE disabled.

It's simply not possible.

God, I love sites like this one, each time some tard creates a tech-hoax on the web.

2. His memory is apparently Magnetic based, which could be ok, but apparently the bits are the size of the nucleus of a atom, not a full atom, the size of a nucleus of one.

Man, you're way behind times! They're storing the bits on strings!

I think this whole topic shows how ignorant people can be, so many just skipped the first 4 pages and replied with some pointless remark leaving their 2 cents without having any idea about the subject at hand.  Than you get the guys screaming FAKE with no proof to go either way, just a hint: explain your reply because nobody cares about your opinion, they want a true response that offers some kind of representation of intilligence that answrs some questions at hand.  The only guys with any credibility to comment on this are the ones who have studied this stuff in college and actually know the requirements to do what is being done.  Even than you have no way of know what he has achieved etc.

BTW "only intel graphics etc." doesnt' mean its fake, I dont know about you but If im going to try to build something so groundbreaking I'm not going to buy a top of the line system to hack up, i'm going to buy an average computer that I could care less about. 

The unit shown (if it turns out to be real) is a proof of concept, and if it does ever get produced there will most likely be further revisions etc. and they will probably team up with an actual computer manufacturer to get the things produced in a professional manor.

586501105[/snapback]

Its fake. lol

The only guys with any credibility to comment on this are the ones who have studied this stuff in college and actually know the requirements to do what is being done.  Even than you have no way of know what he has achieved etc.

Umm, how about those of us that know Windows inside and out? And know what's possible and what certainly isn't? Do we have no credibility?

Man, you're way behind times! They're storing the bits on strings!

586502006[/snapback]

i have no problem with the idea of storing data on atoms and such, what i have a problem with is the idea that it's read and written with cd lenses, that just wouldn't work

it also wouldn't be very fast aswell

and what do you mean by strings, you're not talking about String Theory are you?

i got this answer from INPEX ( www.inventionshow.com ):

Yes, he did win INPEX awards.  He first exhibited in 1999 with his Non-volatile Magnetic Quantum-Optical Random Accessible Memory Device.  He received a gold medal and an Excellence in Science Award.  He returned to INPEX in 2000 to display 256GB Non-volatile Quantum-Optical RAM and Quantum-Optical Solarchip.  He received 2 gold medals and the Grand Prix Runner-up Prize of $2,000.

no idea what to think as they have notebootek also on awarded list for CES 2005 hardware ...

EDIT:

Here is some really big text to make my comment stand out. Windows XP would not run 1TB of RAM. It's FAKE.

And people who use big fonts usually have small D***S

Fake or not, 1TB is pretty impressive. Seems a hell of a leap, from max 2Gb of RAM to 1TB, a 500x increase.

586495332[/snapback]

what do you mean max 2GB... my mobo has a max of 4GB

for those of you that moan its just a rigged ECS lappy, have a read on all the text.

"1. The design of the case of the computer (with the video camera), 6 cell Li-Ion battery Pack (with AC Adapter) is developed by ELLITEGROUP Computer System CO. LTD.(Taiwan) "

it says the case is made by ECS, hence why it looks like the G220!!!

thats that conpiracy theory down the pan