6.8Ghz Laptop

What i don't get is why is this strictly a notebook model only. Why not unleash a desktop model and blow the competition out of the water... If it's real...

586486822[/snapback]

Becuase it's a big fake job with horrible html pages and if you can't see that then I have a laptop to sell you. :happy:

Here is some more of their great "quantum-optical" technology

http://www.compu-technics.com/pages/3/index.htm

I'm pretty worried at how some people think it's real!  :o

586486837[/snapback]

I'm keeping an open mind. I'm not one to jump to conclusions and jump on the "OMG ITS FAEK!" bandwagon, likewise I'm not going to say it's real either.

It's possible. Whether they've done it or not I don't know, but it is more than possible.

I can easily believe a 6.8GHz CPU. I can *barely* believe a 6.8GHz CPU in such a dense heat environment. I can NOT believe a System Properties window that says 1TB RAM, on an OS that had a 4GB on a 32 bit platform or 128GB on a 64 bit platform RAM limitation last time I checked...

EDIT:

Here is some really big text to make my comment stand out. Windows XP would not run 1TB of RAM. It's FAKE.

586486612[/snapback]

Exactly! It's a fake!

Exactly! It's a fake!

586486853[/snapback]

Prove it. XP could have been patched. Remember that 139GB partition limit (I think that's what it was) that XP used to have? They patched than to be higher. They could probably patch the memory limit to be higher aswell.

Edit: After googling I haven't found anything about the 139GB partition limit. There was definatly something about that though, but I cant remember the exact details.

They sure have a CES booth booked though. And here's some contact info.

http://cesweb.org/attendees/directory/rd_e...p?exhibid=7059&

Anyone in NY want to go scope these guy's offices out or email them?

586486763[/snapback]

Hell, I'm only 15, but I'm sure the prize money would pay for my trip to NY and back.

Seriously, I can't wait till I'm a bit older, jump on a plane, scope the place. Hook up with a bunch of guys, get me a 6.8GHz laptop :D

before they used to have a video for the "solar memory" where they slid a piece of paper past the chip, and then majically in the next frame, the chip "played" video of the sheet of paper.....

....or it was zommed in to hide the paper and was a mirror, since nothing like a combination CCD / OLED chip exists today...let alone in 2004

well the offices don't have a street number, just "old country road" i guess maybe they have the ENTIRE STREET ?

586486895[/snapback]

The company I work for doesn't have a number, but it's still real.

well the offices don't have a street number, just "old country road" i guess maybe they have the ENTIRE STREET ?

586486895[/snapback]

maybe they have an entire road like Microsoft :p

If it does come out, no one is gonna buy it, except for bragging/novelty purposes, theres just no one who needs that much power.

586486905[/snapback]

pfft yeah right. I remember when I first got 16mb of RAM and everyone was saying I was insane for having that amount. Same with a 4mb on board graphics card - that was the 7800GTX of it's day.

pfft yeah right. I remember when I first got 16mb of RAM and everyone was saying I was insane for having that amount. Same with a 4mb on board graphics card - that was the 7800GTX of it's day.

586486925[/snapback]

well i mean no one would buy it today, where no software could harness this power

586486925[/snapback]

yes but you didnt go from 16kb of ram to 16mb did you that what going from a gig whcih is standard now to a tb which is what i can say is certainly not standard

out of the crimson sky the Atom Chip Corporation appears with mind-blowing speed and 1TB of RAM o.O

Don't you think Intel or AMD would know about the possible existance of such technology, not even talking about production plants?

Ok, so maybe a TB is a bit much by todays standards and even tomorrows standards. But it still gives you bragging rights, and there are people in this world with more money than sense. If it's real, it will be bought.