Protographer Design Complete/Critique

Question

Just shoved this together in Photoshop, wondering your opinions on it so far.

Main body will correspond to the colour of the menu tab chosen.

post-26941-1126049350_thumb.jpg

Edited by .Atlantis

Nothing I like it as it is. Just saying though, maybe different colour rollover's for the Navigation, might make it just a tad better, but just being picky now.

Nothing I like it as it is. Just saying though, maybe different colour rollover's for the Navigation, might make it just a tad better, but just being picky now.

586492120[/snapback]

I spent a good 4 hours last night messing with the roll over colours

http://www.protographer.co.uk/

If you have a look there, I think they're the best I'll get.

Excellent, yeah they looks great. Codes good too. :) Only think is, maybe with the buttons they aren't all ready to click Hyperlinks, you have to click on the text. Took me a bit longer to work out where to click. But if you manage to figure out a way for the whole button great, good luck, but only a suggestion. ;)

Excellent, yeah they looks great. Codes good too. :) Only think is, maybe with the buttons they aren't all ready to click Hyperlinks, you have to click on the text. Took me a bit longer to work out where to click. But if you manage to figure out a way for the whole button great, good luck, but only a suggestion. ;)

586492184[/snapback]

Yup completely understand and agree - working on it now :)

Whoa. Excellent, looks brilliant. Looking at your CSS and XHTML I cannot see what makes the whole selection? What code did it, would be useful for later sites I design and Code, if possible. :)

Whoa. Excellent, looks brilliant. Looking at your CSS and XHTML I cannot see what makes the whole selection? What code did it, would be useful for later sites I design and Code, if possible. :)

586492255[/snapback]

It's really simple

instead of applying a style to the DIV, apply it to the link.

<a href="index.htm"id="menuheaderabout">about</a>

Looks really nice. (Y)

The only thing is that both the 'home' and 'blog' links change to a blue colour on hover. Just seems a bit weird to me..  :pinch:

586492283[/snapback]

Yeah I'm messing with that, I'm just running out of a range of pastel colours in the same sprectrum is all, if you have a look now it's a sort of purple.

It's really simple

instead of applying a style to the DIV, apply it to the link.

<a href="index.htm"id="menuheaderabout">about</a>

586492271[/snapback]

Ok, thats too simple. ;)

Looks very nice to me! Me personally, I wouldn't change a thing! Keep up the good work! :cool:

586492300[/snapback]

Designing is the fun part, coding is the bitch.