.CAB Files

Question

Having developed an application in access 2002 and packaged it using the packaging wizard I find myself wanting to update the main mde file, it seems according to Microsoft I need to go through the wizard again, but the wizard is associated with the file I want to replace, so If i do, i lose all my setting and have to start again.

So the question is, how can I simple replace 1 file from within the cabinet with a newer version?

3 answers to this question

Having developed an application in access 2002 and packaged it using the packaging wizard I find myself wanting to update the main mde file, it seems according to Microsoft I need to go through the wizard again, but the wizard is associated with the file I want to replace, so If i do, i lose all my setting and have to start again.

So the question is, how can I simple replace 1 file from within the cabinet with a newer version?

586490075[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure you can't. The cabinet file format is such that you can't add/replace files in an archive. Just create a new cabinet with the updated file versions.