• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

MacWorld Predictions

Wickedkitten    12

so far im thinking they are going to unveil 10.2, ddr ram in 64's with a speed increase of 1.4ghz, some kind of digital camera or dv camcorder, a bump in the capacity of ipods (it would be sweet for them to do a 50 or 100gb one) and they might unveil the g5's

McKrout    0

OS X for the x86 platform, hehe, i wish!!

TS

kryptonik    0
bump in the capacity of ipods (it would be sweet for them to do a 50 or 100gb one)

WHOA! Now that's a lot of songs. 10,000-20,000. What would you do with that much songs?

Dazzla    5

17" iMac

GF4 mx in the iMac

Minor if any upgrade to the pro line, perhaps waiting until august.

If there is a pro upgrade, then I predict 1GHz, 1.2GHz and dual 1.33 GHz with DDR. The DDR will possibly be inplemented in the half assed Xserve way.

no upgrade to iPod, maybe windows software revealved

more features of jag revealed and maybe a date, not going to be released at MMNY

That's all my crystal ball is saying at the moment :cheeky:

unspec    0

You'd use it as a firewire HD and emergency boot OS and have all your MP3 collection....all in one small case :D

--

unspec

Wickedkitten    12
Originally posted by KrypToniK

WHOA! Now that's a lot of songs. 10,000-20,000. What would you do with that much songs?

well seeing as how an ipod is also a external firewire hd you don't have to just carry songs.

unspec    0

Rebates on the current line of LCD displays might mean that a style change is due.

It could just be them clering out the older SDR Power Macs though.

Probably the latter....

--

unspec

Wickedkitten    12
Originally posted by unspec

Rebates on the current line of LCD displays might mean that a style change is due.

It could just be them clering out the older SDR Power Macs though.

Probably the latter....

--

unspec

theres an article on watson saying that they are bringing out the 17incher

Wickedkitten    12
Originally posted by Wickedkitten

wait a minute, that sounds dodgy

Dazzla    5

News.com dropped the ball on the 17" iMac. I'm ****ed a bit cause I would have bought that, especially if it has a GF4mx instead of the GF2.

http://news.com.com/2100-1040-942608.html?tag=fd_top

Chad    0

Reading at thinksecret.com and cnet...they are both saying no G4 speed bumps at all at MW. Most likely come sometime after....a month or so. It tends to make sense with this lcd rebate going on. An excess of G4s sitting in warehouses. I'd doubt they would bring out new stuff while the rebate is still on.

Yeah 17inch imac is pretty solid.

A preview of 10.2...no release though.

I'm not sure about the ipod. They just updated it, so i would tend to lean toward no update. I hadn't heard anything about the digital camera, but that sounds pretty cool.

Probably some iapp updates.

KingChris    0

I think I will wait for a 17" Imac

unspec    0

I may as well throw this one in.

PDA/Tablet PC device?

jaguar_ink.jpg

Using Ink?

Jaguar features advanced handwriting recognition. Graphics professionals will appreciate the ability to input text via stylus instead of switching to the keyboard. You can write directly in Mail messages and TextEdit documents, or use the InkPad to write text and draw sketches before sending them to your favorite applications. Ink requires an input tablet.

OK so it's really not going to happen. :p

It would be nice to see them push this past basic pen+graphics tablet functionality. Can you imagine an Apple PDA that doubles as a stylus input device for a Power Mac? Sporting Bluetooth and FireWire for easy connectivity, and bootable just like the iPod.

Damn, I should patent this.....

Right, enough of my rampant speculation/wishing!

--

unspec

sailgreg    0

so far im thinking they are going to unveil 10.2, ddr ram in 64's with a speed increase of 1.4ghz, some kind of digital camera or dv camcorder, a bump in the capacity of ipods (it would be sweet for them to do a 50 or 100gb one) and they might unveil the g5's

I think the largest laptop size harddrive you can get is 60gb, and it is about $500, so the ipod would be close to a thousand $$$'s but that would be nice :)

I think they are going to release firewire2, which is 800mbps :)

Zerosignull    290
IEEE 1394b will reach speeds of 800 megabits per second (Mbps) in its initial incarnation, followed by speeds of 1.6 gigabits per second (Gbps) and, eventually, 3.2 Gbps over copper wire.

The next-generation FireWire standard also will allow for wire lengths of up to 100 meters over a variety of cables, including CAT-5 (category 5) unshielded cable. However, 50-micron multimode glass optical fiber will be needed once silicon reaches the 3.2 Gbps level.

I thought apple invented firewire ne way? the speeds though are amazing. 100MB/200mb/400mb /sec ... thats lan speed conection!

Silvorgold    1

most mac users WANT to see the G5 series to come out soon but its just not gonna happen :(, if they dont release the G5 series by january, they wont release it at all maybe, ive talked to quite a few mac users on mac forums bout G5 n they really want to see G5 SOON but it probably wont happen unless theres a miracle or something :(

heres what i'm expecting at macworld:

-no PowerMac G4 Speed Bumps (theres a mac convention in august that they'll probably release the G4 PowerMacs)

-17" flat panel G4 iMacs

-Official Jaguar release date to be set

-iTools to become .Mac (we all knew that ;) )

-Some 3rd party software demos

-iMovie/iTunes/iDVD Updates

-15" G4 iMac speed bumps (maybe)

-Quicktime 6 Release date to be set (maybe)

n hopefully some other software upgrades (3rd party)

n hopefully an ipod update

and maybe the phasing out of the G3 iMac unless they do something to it (ie do major upgrades on hardware)

Silvorgold    1
Originally posted by unspec

I may as well throw this one in.

PDA/Tablet PC device?

jaguar_ink.jpg

nah :( there wont be a PDA device released at this macworld, even tho Jobs said something bout how most PDA's are too hard to work or something, maybe we can see one released within a year or 2 ;)

Gator    0

This is what I have heard:

17" iMacs

Demo and release date of Jaguar/10.2

Demo and release date of Quicktime 6

Can't remember what they said about the G4's

Anyone think there is a chance of any update or upgrade to the iBooks? I doubt so myself. Otherwise I am going to go ahead and buy mine this weekend. I now have the money! :D :D

unspec    0

It's possible that they will be integrating Bluetooth into hardware.

The iBook might well be the first one to recieve it too, as the Power Book was recently revised.

--

unspec