TV cable splitters

I'm looking to add two TV tuners to my PC. I'm pretty sure I've only got one TV cable available, so if I use a splitter will it just be like having two seperate TV lines?

Yes. Be aware that by putting a splitter in the line and two tuners that it will drop the signal power to each tuner. Usually this means nothing, but if you get video hanging or pixelation of some channels this is why. To get around this you can use a signal amplifier. But if you use an amplifier, dont put a cable modem on that line. Will just make the modem signal much worse.

Yes. Be aware that by putting a splitter in the line and two tuners that it will drop the signal power to each tuner. Usually this means nothing, but if you get video hanging or pixelation of some channels this is why. To get around this you can use a signal amplifier. But if you use an amplifier, dont put a cable modem on that line. Will just make the modem signal much worse.

586494674[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm looking at getting this. Are there any particular brands (cables, splitters, or amplifiers) I should look for, or is whatever I can get at Walmart/Radioshack good enough?

But if you use an amplifier, dont put a cable modem on that line. Will just make the modem signal much worse.

586494674[/snapback]

why does this happen? i have had mine setup like this for over a year and have had no problems. if i connect the cable directly will i get better performance?