Cheney heckled on hurricane tour

Disrespectful insolent ingrates. I suggest all federal aid be withdrawn from that area and let them see how long they last. Damn welfare panty-waist liberals.

586497800[/snapback]

So when a state in the usa has the biggest crisis of your known history all you got to say is **** them leave them to rot its ****all to do with the federal government/the president/"Commander and chief"

can you explain to me what it is your president actually does?

Why don't you guys lobby your states and your congressmen to amend the constitution to change the separation of powers in the case of natural disasters to give the Federal government control in these types of situations? Your partisan finger pointing and name calling is doing absolutely nothing constructive.

The state and local authorities were at fault here for a lack of action. Apparently, the National Guard were ready to deploy before the storm hit but the Louisiana Governor was too busy doing interviews on TV.

A change in your constitution is required to avoid the possibility of these kinds of screw ups. If you made that change and the Federal government failed to act quickly and effectively in a future event, then you all would have cause to place the blame on the Feds like you are doing now.

:rolleyes:

Educate yourselves about how your government works because partisan rhetoric is no substitute for knowledge.

Edited by aristotle-dude

I have been, continuously, astounded that for our Government to say "it is a local issue, not a federal one" when a disaster of this magnitude strikes, and that there are people out there who say this is true, and will happily back it and say its just the states fault for a delay in response and support....what kind of morons are you???

What the hell is the office of the President of the United States of America for, if not just these circumstances?? I dont believe that there isnt blame on a State level, but saying Bush did a GOOD job in his response (or lack of one) to the inital scenes and that our FEDERAL GOVERNMENT shouldnt have responsded sooner is idiotic. At what point can we hold our FEDERAL Government to task m\for making bad decisions, or in this case, for not making them at all??

Heh, when they get a blow job in office and lie about it, thats when. Shows where our prioritys are, yeah?

If we cant hold the Feds responsible for not responding sooner to a national disaster, then we are screwed, literaly. If all the blame should be layed at the feet of out state and local officials, we are screwed, as it has been proven that any decisions will be taken to a federal level, whether they favor Liberals or Conservatives (or even that sub-wannabe party the neocons, who arent Republicans, they just put the suit on to fool people). I am realy sick and tired of it being said its the states fault, its the feds fault....its BOTH thier faults. And by saying Bush, who with a ****ING WORD and presidential order could have gotten things moving faster, and more organised, shouldnt shoulder the blame, is idiotic.

If the man at the top is without blame, or responsiblity, it should just go to show how much of a hard on the Repubs had when going after Clinton for a damn Blow Job. Oh, he broke a rule there, by not owning it right away. Bush has broken the same damn rule, but no one is crying for a congressional inquest, or to have him impeached.....bunch o9f pansy ass, whiney frigging hypocrits, who want to preach about bad stuff and bad decisions but dont want to face it when it comes down to thier party making mistakes.

If we cant hold the Boss responsible for mismanagement, who the hell do we call to task???

And Aristotle Dork, once again, the Federal Government is here to, in essence, support and facilitate the State and Local Governments. In essence, this has been partially negated by the actions and decisions of the Supreme Courts on numerous occasions. Thier interferance (called on by both Conservatives and Liberals) in rulings that have been sent to the Supreme Court and were appealed all along the way, has made it more and more dificult to seperate the line of "State" response and "Federal" response to many situations, much less a National Disaster. Petitioning for change to the constitution takes years, at the least, unless it is pushed hard by both partys (which, if you havent noticed, which wouldnt surprise me in the slightest) is something not seen very often. Your high opinion of your knowledge of how our government works is nice, but in reality, is misguided and false, especially in the way things are currently done, and handled. Statements like yours, which lay the blame squarely on the State level, are sad, and only reinforce the idea that our Federal Government has no responsibility to its citisens on a State AND Federal levle, and when things like Hurricane Katrina occur, and we say its "this sides fault"...."nonono, its THIS sides fault" ....show just how far we are from actually getting ANYTHING done which will alleviate this from happening in the future.

Thanks for you opinion though ;)

As an aside, so I am not mistaken on this issue, I hold BOTH sides, State AND Federal responsible in this instance. There could have been much more done Prior, and following, to alleviate this disaster.

Edited by ChiefChickenWing

There needs to be a congressional hearing, I agree and we need to detail every step and policy that failed, yes.

But I really don't think there's necessarily blame to be had. Just because something works or doesn't work doesn't mean heads need to role, and the blame of 1,000's of people's deaths needs to be placed at someone's feet just so we can feel better about ourselves. It's ok to be mad, it's good to be wanting action but not everything is a persons fault, some things happen and just are.

Personally, I don't think anyone is personally at fault. I think there are fundamental flaws in the system but I don't hold people in those responsible for those systems that's absurd. Lets analyze the problem fix it and act like men. Now if someone said "**** it, lets have a slow reaction and let these poor people die", then I'd say it's someones fault, but I don't think anyone actually deliberately stalled anything.

The whole notion of needing someone to blame in my opinion is childish and short sighted.

Frankly, I think what alot of you wanting Bush to have done borders on insanity. At what point does the President have the right to over-rule the consitution? If he can just muscle out the state government for a hurricane what else can he do it for? These are sticky precedents that would have been made, and frankly I think it's probably better that he didn't go and do it. We need investigations, need to find out what went wrong and where, and then have a long discussion over the role of the federal government in the case of national emergencies.