What Do You Think Of Windows Me???


Recommended Posts

shafi

Xp home edition sucks, becase its missing features that I need, so I use xp pro. I never tried win me, beause I know it gvies people a head ache and waste of money too.

I did not liked win98se , bacuse it craches sometimes , not powerfull. Win2k is the best under xp pro.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad

features like...being able to join a domain?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest deadzombie

Wasn't the code name for WindowsME actually Windows S&M?

Link to post
Share on other sites
shafi
Originally posted by deadzombie

Wasn't the code name for WindowsME actually Windows S&M?

what stands for S&M ??

Link to post
Share on other sites
XtremeX

It's pure TRASH

Link to post
Share on other sites
ThisSiteHasLostItsCharm

eww winme don't remind me i couldn't get norton apps to work on me they kept freezing at startup had to ctl+alt+del 20times..:mad:

Link to post
Share on other sites
ThisSiteHasLostItsCharm
Originally posted by KiwiNZ

ME had some good ideas but crappy code.

It had all the hallmarks of a rushed poorly tested product.

I think it could almost breach the Fair Trading Acts , Trade description Acts and Consumer Protection Acts of most civilized Nations.

it looked alot like 2k and i though it would be nice and stable....lol was i wrong...hahaha

Link to post
Share on other sites
Concept
Originally posted by RanCorX2

it looked alot like 2k......

that was the sole purpose that i used it until shortly after i obtained win2k pro. WinME does leave everyone lookin' silly though... it felt like it was still a beta :ermm:

Link to post
Share on other sites
BxBoy

Definately the worst OS from MS.. It ranks just above Win95 (the 1st buggy release)

Link to post
Share on other sites
ramesees
Originally posted by shafi

what stands for S&M ??

S&M stands for Sadocism and Masochism, and its where you get you get tied up and experience pain etc... to get your sexual kicks

So joking that WinMe was to be called Windows S&M implies that it was a painful experience

This is general knowledge, and I dont have intimate knowledge of S&M techniques and practices :o

Hope this helps

Link to post
Share on other sites
.KICK

gawd my ME rawks even though i use XP mainly but i format every so often and install ME first then upgrade to p but ME isnt so bad on my computer, never crashese, np bsod, all my progs work fine and faster inet than xp...:p

Link to post
Share on other sites
hobsgrg
Originally posted by KICK_XP

gawd my ME rawks even though i use XP mainly but i format every so often and install ME first then upgrade to p but ME isnt so bad on my computer, never crashese, np bsod, all my progs work fine and faster inet than xp...:p

Do you have some special non cr*p version of win me that nobody else has? Because the version i had was a pile of sh*t that crashed several times a day and everyone else here seems to have had the same experience.

Link to post
Share on other sites
rand0m.bullet

Windows ME worked fine on my computer untill i went on the net, free resources went from 87% to 13% and lower forcing me to restart.

The last thing i did with windows me was download and burn the winxp pro iso :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
.KICK
Originally posted by hobsgrg

Do you have some special non cr*p version of win me that nobody else has? Because the version i had was a pile of sh*t that crashed several times a day and everyone else here seems to have had the same experience.

yer i probably do...:p :cool: my record for its uptime on ME is 3 weks and 4 days ...:D

Link to post
Share on other sites
hobsgrg
Originally posted by KICK_XP

yer i probably do...:p :cool: my record for its uptime on ME is 3 weks and 4 days ...:D

Thats insane, my record uptime was a day and then it was running in a severely crippled state after several crashes, i couldn't use it for more than a few hours without something crashing

Link to post
Share on other sites
Apollo

i'm using ME right now and it sucks now as it sucked before when i had it for some months... gonna change as fast as i can to 2k or XP

i was installing my sound card and *puff* it crashed and it crashed explorer even in secure mode... i was like THIS **** SUCKS BIG TIME!

Edit : i'm on win2k now (what a relief) :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gary King

I am running Windows ME right now, and seriously, it is a major HEADACHE. My best uptime I think wasn't too bad for ME, about 1 1/2 days, but that was when I didn't use it, but just let it idle.. actually, WinME sometimes crashes on me even when I leave it alone.

In the end, Windows ME is just a big money-grabber :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
kevsny

Personally I think ME got a bum rap,most users of ME don't own the full version they purchased the upgrade and it shares file from the older operating system.I personally own the full version and I found it to be a good system certainly not perfect but a good one anyway.There were a few bsod but even in 2000 and xp they are there for some users.I just wanted to put in my 2cents.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gary King
Originally posted by kevsny

Personally I think ME got a bum rap,most users of ME don't own the full version they purchased the upgrade and it shares file from the older operating system.I personally own the full version and I found it to be a good system certainly not perfect but a good one anyway.There were a few bsod but even in 2000 and xp they are there for some users.I just wanted to put in my 2cents.

Well my WinME came with a completely brand-new computer, and yet it still sux... best thing they've done is add the system restore, because they knew it would be used quite a lot :s

Link to post
Share on other sites
akaladis

HAHA! Tell me about winMe, lol... i still use them (yeah!!!!). It sucks big time, but since XP refuses to install as dual boot, XP sucks more on my PC (lol). I have an other PC here with win98SE and I never EVER had a crash/blue screen or whatever you might call it... Now the reason why i still use this piece of worthless **** is because i have put in a lot of work, installing everything the right way, customizing it the right way, and now it will take me ages to re-do this stuff... winMe shouldn't be in the list of OSs though...

winMe is not an operating system guys, stop treating it like one! It's a NOS!!!! Non-Operating-System. But XP on me is a NBOS... Non-Booting-Operating-System.

either one you choose, its still crap on my PC... winner: win98SE (not kiddin' - lol) it's the only OS which ran smoothly, blue-screenless and absolutely flawless...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Doggie

i like windows me, works very well for me :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
uniacid
Originally posted by mh508

HAHA! Tell me about winMe, lol... i still use them (yeah!!!!). It sucks big time, but since XP refuses to install as dual boot, XP sucks more on my PC (lol). I have an other PC here with win98SE and I never EVER had a crash/blue screen or whatever you might call it... Now the reason why i still use this piece of worthless **** is because i have put in a lot of work, installing everything the right way, customizing it the right way, and now it will take me ages to re-do this stuff... winMe shouldn't be in the list of OSs though...

winMe is not an operating system guys, stop treating it like one! It's a NOS!!!! Non-Operating-System. But XP on me is a NBOS... Non-Booting-Operating-System.

either one you choose, its still crap on my PC... winner: win98SE (not kiddin' - lol) it's the only OS which ran smoothly, blue-screenless and absolutely flawless...

LOL! :D XP is the best OS :) winME is crap basically :D and hey mh508 why don't you install over ur current OS? instead of using win9x :p

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.