• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

MSN Messenger .NET 5.0.0317

Recommended Posts

scoult01    0

While this wont solve the ad problem completely, it will replace the MSN logo with the bg blue color.

http://sirc.scriptaz.com/logo.gif

is the url for it, just save it to ur MSN Messenger directory overwiritng the logo.gif thats already there.

Restart msn, and wallah, the logo is gone.

Just a temp fix, hope someone uses it.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heslo    178
Originally posted by raz

Hello,

Using the msn5 workaround, on winME, whenever i try merging the reg file, i get this:

Cannot importh [ThePathHere]MSN5.REG THE SPECIFIED FILE IS NOT A REGISTRY SCRIPT. YOU CAN IMPORT ONLY REGISTRY SCRIPTS.

Can anyone just write down the .reg file here in plain text and i will convert it back to a reg file ? thanks.

Just open the reg file using Notepad, it will all be in there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PRLYago    0
Originally posted by scoult01

While this wont solve the ad problem completely, it will replace the MSN logo with the bg blue color.

http://sirc.scriptaz.com/logo.gif

is the url for it, just save it to ur MSN Messenger directory overwiritng the logo.gif thats already there.

Restart msn, and wallah, the logo is gone.

Just a temp fix, hope someone uses it.

Cheers

Go back a few pages and read up... :) That really wasn't needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scoult01    0

I did read that a few pages back, infact i have read this entire thread. Some people experienced problems with the ad remover, and it stopped them from staying online. This is just a fix if that didnt work...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scoult01    0

Is there any way to remove the

Never give out your password or credit card number in an instant message conversation.

when you start a conversation with someone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grey$cale    0

no one is helping me here..how do you uninstall MSN MESSANGER 5..come on this is like the 3rd time a have asked...GOD, i have to ask 300 times here!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tesseract    0
Originally posted by BiohaZard Zero

no one is helping me here..how do you uninstall MSN MESSANGER 5..come on this is like the 3rd time a have asked...GOD, i have to ask 300 times here!!!

system restore as a last resort

it helps to be a little more respectful, though. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Timan    554

try going to ur add/remove programs its in there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kola    0
Originally posted by scoult01

Is there any way to remove the

Never give out your password or credit card number in an instant message conversation.

when you start a conversation with someone?

Messenger Plus! works with that aspect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PRLYago    0

After I few hours of messing around with that nex* whatever server, I can easily say that... it's SEVERLY lagged! :/ Are you guys getting this kind of lag too or is it just me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tra    0

another question...

how can i get the msnbc and calendar tab?

i only have cncb, mcafee, ubid, feye, alerts, carpoint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sgtLENIN    0

where can i remove the old messenger? i get this **** about outlook express when i try to close the old one. so instead, i gotta sign out to be able to start messenger 5 :|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lazydesert    0
Originally posted by Jasco

where can i remove the old messenger? i get this **** about outlook express when i try to close the old one. so instead, i gotta sign out to be able to start messenger 5 :|

my has been workin fine all evening with the released files as is. running 4.6 and 5 at the same time.

i'm not sure what, exactly, you're asking..

do you want to uninstall 4.6 ?

do you just want to exit it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tesseract    0
Originally posted by lazydesert

my has been workin fine all evening with the released files as is. running 4.6 and 5 at the same time.

i'm not sure what, exactly, you're asking..

do you want to uninstall 4.6 ?

do you just want to exit it ?

what is happening w/ mine is that when you start oe the messenger 4.6 logs in and messenger 5 is kicked offline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DigitalDJ    0

i just got MSN 5 installed and i got the patch fitted but it kinda stuffs my MSN

i install the patch then i login. I can stay online for as long as i want but i cant retrive or send messages..ne1 else have the same prob? great if u could help! thnx

-DigitalDJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
apa1exakis    0

Anyone know how long MS will usually take to test something like this and release and update for it or release for testing on the live passport sys. I am probably the last of a dying breed that still cant get my msn to run longer than 30 seconds. Or can someone compile this version with everything built in such as the sign in and stay on patch. Instead of having them as add ons.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ethen    0

I dont think this messenger will be released untill msn8 is out aswell, as there a features in it specific to msn8, like co browsing.

Right in the help file it says msn8 must be installed on both computers.

They mention msn8 all overthe documentation for it, so I kinda think its a bit of a wait yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BuG    0

yay just be happy to get it before and play with it, logged for more than 3hours here, just installed it, works like a charm with all cr*** regs and all :D

the way i did all for thos who still have probs :

Installed MSN5 with messenger running (dont care about it)

Applied the latest reg patch modified : MSN5 Signon Fix.reg

Applied the Workaround .exe BUT NOT THE .REG

Applied the NO ADS

RE Applied the MSN5 Signon Fix.reg

Changed the msglang patched

Working :)

nothin more

nothin less

hope this will help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tomwarren    68

Yeh excellent work guys, and heads up to besiboyz ALWAYS doing those ad free MSNs :D good on ya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paulstorm    1
Originally posted by tra

another question...

how can i get the msnbc and calendar tab?

i only have cncb, mcafee, ubid, feye, alerts, carpoint

I don't believe either of those tabs are available yet. I know that MSNBC's tab will become available at the same time they release their .NET Alert functionality. (news, lottery, weather etc) Probably a month or two...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kola    0
Originally posted by codyg11

what is happening w/ mine is that when you start oe the messenger 4.6 logs in and messenger 5 is kicked offline.

Well you need to sign on with a different email address for each one. You can't login twice with the same email.. duh..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DigitalDJ    0

HELP...

i can sign on to any of the servers BUT the ones with port 1862 i seem to get incredible LAG...sending msgs and reciveing can take up to 2 minz to get to the other side!

though if i connect to servers on port 1863 it works perfecto except i get kicked off!!!

any ideas!?? please help..ive been messing with this for ages

thnx

-digi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BuG    0

did you followed my steps?? i did these steps on another computer and works like a charm man.

been online for 5hours now :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DigitalDJ    0

uh yes i did..still f***ed :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DigitalDJ    0

i can get on with ne server on port 1862 and stay on for AGES by i get incredible LAG and it takes up to 2 minz to get a msg to the other side!

if i use the 1863 port (usual port for MSN) i can connect perfect talk fine, no lag, but i get kicked of by that 30-1min thing

:s

help please

digi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.