• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MSN Messenger .NET 5.0.0317

Recommended Posts

lazydesert    0
Originally posted by pHaez

Well, i made the exe ignore the CHL command issued by the server, but when i do this, The server disconnects you, but the client doesnt act like it until you try sending messages , etc. Working on a work around.

master cracker at work,

i'm in awe. /me wishes he were more educated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deron Dantzler    0

phaez - sounds like a server side issue at that point to me...maybe a way to 'pretend' the version number is an earlier release?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
McKrout    0

i havent stayed on long enough to notice new sounds

TS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BuG    0

rofl ts,

just go in program filesmsn messenger and play them they are good i like them, putting them on my msn 4.6 for now :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
McKrout    0
Originally posted by BuG

rofl ts,

just go in program filesmsn messenger and play them they are good i like them, putting them on my msn 4.6 for now :)

good idea

TS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oDD    0

pHaez fyi.

there is one GetTickCount() in msnmsgr.exe that checks against 0x7530 (30000ms or 30 seconds), i tried changing it to something larger but it didnt work. still disconnected me.

just tellin ya so u dont waste ya time trying the same thing ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neocyber_16    0

HELP It keeps posting everytime i try to install msn messenger 5 -- Could not access network location . All Users. -- How do i fix this - Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pHaez    0

Im extremely close, i am now altering the QRY String that replies to the servers CHL packet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paulstorm    1

It logs in perfectly if you have the right kind of .NET Passport. ;-)

v5-1.jpg

Guys, this is a leak. It hasn't been customized to run within the production (Live) .NET Passport environment.

It is very...MSN 8 ish. ;-) (think metallic silver & blues)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kal-ky    0

I do not understand why everybody uses that evil MSN Messenger programme. You can not send offline messages, just like AIM. To me it's useless, why can't they let you send offline messages (send a message to an offline contact, just like you can with ICQ, Jabber, ...)

I'm staying with my superlight, fast and easy Jabber client. Nothing beats it. Long live open-source :-)

P.S. More info about Jabber at www.jabbercentral.com

It beats Trillian too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DGS]    3
Originally posted by Trade Wind

It logs in perfectly if you have the right kind of .NET Passport. ;-)

v5-1.jpg

Guys, this is a leak. It hasn't been customized to run within the production (Live) .NET Passport environment.

well why did u erase your email since we can see it on the Messenger ? :) :) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
apa1exakis    0

um.. yeah.. anyone know what that was about? Dont like it, dont post it here. Start up an open source post. We have one topic going here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paulstorm    1
Originally posted by SouL2kEEp

well why did u erase your email since we can see it on the Messenger ? :) :) :)

lol, those are two different addresses...and the one visible isn't a real address. (see the mail verification popup in the lower left?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shockz    5,141

Trade Wind, I know this off topic... but do you have anymore MSN 8.0 screenshots? Just wondering?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DGS]    3

ahh yes...

so.. your point is it only works with @msn.com emails ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
usr.bin    0
Originally posted by shockz

Trade Wind, I know this off topic... but do you have anymore MSN 8.0 screenshots? Just wondering?

That screenshot there isn't even a MSN 8 screenshot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
usr.bin    0
Originally posted by SouL2kEEp

ahh yes...

so.. your point is it only works with @msn.com emails ?

If that his point he's mistaken because it doesn't work with mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shockz    5,141
Originally posted by hkey_root

That screenshot there isn't even a MSN 8 screenshot.

I KNOW THAT! but he had shown a pic of MSN 8.0 before. I was just wondering if he had anymore. Notice how I said OFFTOPIC in my post?

Sorry to be blunt, but don't treat me like i'm stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paulstorm    1
Originally posted by SouL2kEEp

ahh yes...

so.. your point is it only works with @msn.com emails ?

No, it doesn't work with the production (live) .NET Passport environment. (http://www.passport.com) It is set up to work with their test passport environments (which I will not post).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paulstorm    1
Originally posted by shockz

Trade Wind, I know this off topic... but do you have anymore MSN 8.0 screenshots? Just wondering?

Nope..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shockz    5,141
Originally posted by Trade Wind

Nope..

Alright - Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kola    0
Originally posted by Trade Wind

No, it doesn't work with the production (live) .NET Passport environment. (http://www.passport.com) It is set up to work with their test passport environments (which I will not post).

Come on... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paulstorm    1
Originally posted by hkey_root

If that his point he's mistaken because it doesn't work with mine.

nice...uhhh...'root' you got there in your avatar. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
usr.bin    0
Originally posted by shockz

I KNOW THAT! but he had shown a pic of MSN 8.0 before. I was just wondering if he had anymore. Notice how I said OFFTOPIC in my post?

Sorry to be blunt, but don't treat me like i'm stupid.

It's quite allright. I would have done the same had positions been reversed. I hang out with Wickedkitten and I don't know anybody that can be anymore blunt than her.

I tend to jump gun occassionally. Apoligizies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paulstorm    1
Originally posted by Kola

Come on... :)

There would be no point! Your "live" .NET Passports would not work in that environment. You would not be able to even add users in the test environments that are in the live environments. The user database is not shared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.