MSN Messenger .NET 5.0.0317

ud probably find the testechoserver being "echo.voice.microsoft-int.com" autho this has nothing to do with being disconnected

ps.im working on it too

w00t connected for a few sec! very nice ui i think nice and clean. a few new features really nice i hope someone finds some way, gonna look at it now.

We arent trying to find anything about the test echo server. There has to be something telling it TEST00578M1WM}RR. Im wondering if maybe they encrypted it, and it decrypts before they send.

hmmmm when i input TEST00578M1WM}RR into HexEdit, with MSN 5 opened, it gives the Hexadecimal value E0 05 78 1; wierd.... mebbe this can help sum1 :s

yeah it must be something like that, I can fiddle with all the other parts of the protocol such as instead of making it send "QRY" making it send "QRX" etc, but I can't find this test string anywhere.

There are some string tables in the exe, such as "1479<>@BDFHJLNPQSUVXY[^_abcefgijklnopqrsuvwxyz{|}~". Their favorite trick would be to pick certain characters from this string, to form "TEST00578M1WM}RR", if they have done this I don't think there is any real way we can beat it.

Originally posted by andycarvell

yeah it must be something like that, I can fiddle with all the other parts of the protocol such as instead of making it send "QRY" making it send "QRX" etc, but I can't find this test string anywhere.

There are some string tables in the exe, such as "1479<>@BDFHJLNPQSUVXY[^_abcefgijklnopqrsuvwxyz{|}~". Their favorite trick would be to pick certain characters from this string, to form "TEST00578M1WM}RR", if they have done this I don't think there is any real way we can beat it.

I just glanced thought the executable and thats the only string table I saw myself. There may be others, if there are I haven't seen them. The theory you had was one I myself had until I realized there is no T in '1479<>@BDFHJLNPQSUVXY[^_abcefgijklnopqrsuvwxyz{|}~' for the 'TEST00578M1WM}RR' to be created from. It's missing a few other things as well, such as the 5,8,M, etc.

--dave

Originally posted by Timan

now we know who can haxxor and craxxor ;)

Yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah right ;) but we didn't win yet ;)

it's online now for over 15 minutes.....

i changed the server number to ..

messenger.hotmail.com;64.4.12.99:1862

and it's online for over 15 min.

give it a go and maybe........:cool:

I can't get any server to work for more than a few seconds, even that latest one you guys posted.

Try plain messenger.hotmail.com as the server, it works, too.

Originally posted by apa1exakis

Changed my server to :

and I am still getting knocked off

check again please .....here its on for 40 to 45 min.....but it seems to be a pretty slow server.....not the right solution i say....

but if you like to test msn 5 ....hmmmm it works for me...

Originally posted by deron dantzler

i have

as the server AND echo server and it hasn't disconnected in a good 12 minutes or so

hrm..

still doesnt even let me log on..

it work's fine here....but it's no server to chat on ....unless you have day's to kill....hihi:right:

if you log on it takes some time to.....sometimes 50 sec.