• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Digital Camera For 100 Nicker

fuel925    0

I'm going on holiday in a week or so, and want to buy a digital camera. I've wanted one for a while but this is a good excuse to go out and get one. I only want to spend ?100, i'm not a hardcore camera enthusiast, I just want to take pictures of the various places I visit (i'm a regular day-tripper / holidaymaker).

My MAIN priority when choosing a camera is quality. I'm not expecting professional results, but blurry, crap images are not acceptable.

Size is also something I want to bear in mind, smaller the better, but not if it compromises quality and / or features!

Taking video on the camera, digital zoom and other similar gimmicks are not necessary, i'm not going to pay more for these things.

After a quick browse, one camera that has got decent reviews is the Canon Powershot A400. I have also been able to find a nice package which bundles the camera, a case, an extra memory card, and a tripod all for ?99.99. - http://www.jessops.com/search/viewproduct....&WORD_SEARCH=N&

Seems like a good deal to me, but can I get a better camera for the same price? Please advice specific models where possibl:):) Thanks.

Oh, and remember I have a budget of ?100.

kinetix63    21

I'd have to say that's a pretty good deal. I've owned several Canon digital camera's, and I have yet to be disappointed by any of them. The only brand I've ever found to better canon is Panasonic, but they're a bit pricey.

All in all, for ?100 that is a VERY good bargain.

TheFamousGeoff    0

Hi,

Well, this is ?7 over your budget, but I recently bought a Pentax Optio 50 from Pixmania and have been really impressed with it. It's 5-mega pixel, with optical + digital zoom. I've not seen any other 5mp cameras (from reputable brands) for this price.

Pixmania: Pentax Optio 50

You would need a memory card too, as it only has 12Mb built in I think. Just depends how far your ?100 budget will stretch...

fuel925    0

Thanks for the suggestion, although I didn't go with it in the end. The main reason being that I wanted to pick one up, not get it shipped, simply because of the small fuel crisis we've had here the last few days, I couldn't guarantee it would get delivered in time for my holiday next week.

Anyway, after some deliberation and research (mainly on steves digicams), I decided to go and check out the HP R607 camera down at PC World. It was definitly the best one there for my price range, and better than the Canon I was considering before. The HP has 4.1mp, in camera red eye removal, in camera panorama creator, help menus etc. I also got a 3 year extended warranty thrown in, all for ?99.89. All in all im very pleased with my purchase:))

dreamz    4

moved here