Some more new Jaguar pictures

Just thought I would update you with some of the new little features in Jag.

First up, desktop backgrounds. You can set them to change automatically like that old windows powertoy, set it to random, linear, different time differences etc:

jag1.jpg

There's also the option of different ways to apply the wallpaper:

jag2.jpg

Finally there's the option to control exactly what happens when media is inserted (I hate DVD's playing when I put them in):

jag3.jpg

Ha, another screenshot of .Mac which every windows user is jumping on:

jag4.jpg

Finally, browsers will appear in the list as opposed to just Internet explorer and the option of "other":

jag6.jpg

Setting up a new account, has the inconspicuous option of logging in from windows:

jag7.jpg

This new screensaver was available on 10.1.5 as an option I think, but it's included as default and it's absolutely stunning, screenshots don't do it justice and when it's running on jag, it's as smooth as silk. Beautiful:

jag8.jpg

Some settings for "Flurry":

jag10.jpg

The next screensaver is quite worrying. It allows you to enter a .Mac users name and it will grab pictures they have in their public "pictures" folder and display them as a screensaver on your desktop:

jag9.jpg

Screenshot of Preview v2.0. Thumbnails included:

jag13.jpg

Finally a screenshot of the minimised windows and their parents dock icons:

jag14.jpg

Originally posted by Dazzla

The next screensaver is quite worrying. It allows you to enter a .Mac users name and it will grab pictures they have in their public "pictures" folder and display them as a screensaver on your desktop:

I think for that screensaver the other person actually has to save a slide show into their public idisk folder. It doesn't go into their actual pictures folder

heh, this is where good organization skills come in handy ;)

make sure the right pictures get in the right folder:D

Originally posted by Wickedkitten

I think for that screensaver the other person actually has to save a slide show into their public idisk folder. It doesn't go into their actual pictures folder

Yeah I know, but you just know that someone is going to upload some pictures to their iDisk for someone to see and forget to remove them :p

heres a couple more screenies of jaguar (got them from a good friend of mine...)

this is from an older build of jaguar tho...(i think)

about screen on ichat

ichat.jpg

a convo

ichat1.jpg

the about screen

about.jpg

the finder is really customizable as u can see...

finder.jpg

file transfer on ichat

filetransfer.jpg

n last but not least...the mail client on osx

mail.jpg

enjoy

The only thing holding back OSX is....

software.

Why don't companies make apps and games for OSX...is it really that difficult to program for...or is it just not worth the effort because there's so few people using Mac's.

I would seriously consider getting a Mac if I could have most of my favorite software (and this includes IE 5.5+). However, the beautiful eyecandy is just not enough for me to warrant the huge price of a mac.

BTW, how is the warez scene for OSX? Anything out there? This is not a specific question about where to find it...just a general question on whether you can even get any warez for OSX.

Originally posted by Jayzun

software.

BTW, how is the warez scene for OSX? Anything out there? This is not a specific question about where to find it...just a general question on whether you can even get any warez for OSX.

this is all i'm gonna say...theres stuff out there ;) ;) but the scene's all quiet (people talking bout it wise) unlike windows ;)

software.

Why don't companies make apps and games for OSX...is it really that difficult to program for...or is it just not worth the effort because there's so few people using Mac's.

I would seriously consider getting a Mac if I could have most of my favorite software (and this includes IE 5.5+). However, the beautiful eyecandy is just not enough for me to warrant the huge price of a mac.

I think silvorgold answered the last question.

IE 5.5 +? IE 5.2 on the Mac is superior to 5.5, and in some ways it's superior to 6 on the PC. There was a specific thread highlighting the advantages IE 5.2 has over IE 6 on PC such as full 24bit transparent png support. Plus it has a load of other cool features.

As for other software, I've moved over to OS X 3 months ago and haven't come across any windows software that I've needed. Most major software has an OS X equivelant such as dreamweaver, photoshop and office (which MS themselves say is superior to the Windows version ;) ).

I also have all the games I played on windows, available on OS X. I wasn't a hardcore gamer, just a bit of Q3, UT, wolfy and AOE2. I play all of them on my iMac now much better then before.

Now I've just gotta give warcraft III a try :china:

'

its out there, but its harder to find/get than it is for the PC.

Originally posted by Kanecorp

'

its out there, but its harder to find/get than it is for the PC.

not exactly true ;) just hard for the pc user to find :p

Originally posted by Timan

not exactly true ;) just hard for the pc user to find :p

well..i know 0day sites don't ever get mac..but..umm its not like i do that kind of..stuff anyways..:ponder: :paranoid:

Wow thanks for posting the pictures!

Do you think it's possible porting the screensavers to windows, due the serious lack of good screensavers? Or do Windows and Mac both use a completely different engine or something?