Office V12 - Do you like what you see?

249 members have voted

1. 1. Office V12 - Do you like what you see?

• 1. Yes
    • 2. Maybe
    • 3. No

Yes.  I can't wait.  Does anybody know when is it coming out?  How about beta?

586518127[/snapback]

Office 12 should be coming out around the same time as Vista. As for the beta though, I've heard sometime this fall/winter :unsure:

Yes its nice, a bit in your face, but it will fit with Vista. Im looking ford to it. Office is the one thing i dont pay for though. I pay for my OS most the time, but office allways cost to much.

Well... I'd have to say that it all depends on how that behaves. some buttons going into titlebar space? that's bad.

I must also say that some of the big text/icons is not pretty at all...

and UI consistency with either XP or Vista seems to be nonexistant.

why does the office team keep doing this?

Looks extremely cluttered at the moment. Currently with Access for example its a nice interface, easy to use, straight forward, hit the button you want within milli seconds stuff, but this, it just seems, well, cluttered. No two ways about it, just plain and simply cluttered. I will wait for the final product or final preview images before i change my vote of Maybe to a Yes.

Edited by SamN05

From what I am seeing in PDC, it look's alot nicer and easy to use. I love it. I can't wait to see a released preview.

alright. i just saw the PDC demo.

i must say that YES i like what i see. they've taken office and made it easier to use! which is a wonderful thing!

i was telling a friend that "the smartness of the ui has compensated for the inconsistent/big ui".

the interface is a bit big, i must give it that (on 1280x1024, i only have one toolbar-height thingie+menu. that'd be about 2 or 3 toolbar-heights)

it's pretty. it's simple.

i just have one beef: it's inconsistent with anything else in the market! It doesn't fit Windows XP's interface. It doesn't fit Windows Vista's interface (as of now) either.

I don't know where they're taking Vista's UI... but if history serves me right, Office 12 will be all-custom UI... cause Office ALWAYS had it's own custom controls for everything :s so yeh... that's my gripe... and it's not with Office itself... it's mostly the Office Team :\