• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Which Mac Would U Buy?!

BroChaos    1

he didn't spell dazzla backwards correctly...

at least he didn't take dazzal :x

azazel-    0

I'd buy the prettiest one. ;)

Seriously though, if I was to get a mac, it'd be a G4 or G5 tower. I've never been budget-minded, and it seems like I'd be selling myself short if I got an eMac or iMac.

Or the TiBook. Very nice.

Zerosignull    320

Get a tower and not a i/eMac or Laptop. if un get a tower u can take out the crappy gf4 mx and stick in ure gf3 and ram from ure pc and ure hd

edit: bad spelling :(

Steve    2

LOL! thanks For the Post's 'n' all!

As for Budget, and Choice Over Desktop / Laptop .. i am Still clueless myself!! :p

I Knew We'd get a Mac Hater in the Post, it happens so often, Despite this Post is in the MACINTOSH Forum :ermm:

ah well, Freedom of Speech i Guess! ..Tim, plz Share u're Cup of STFU with him! :D :D

Peace

NeYo

azazel-    0
Originally posted by Zerosignull

Get a tower and not a i/eMac or Laptop. if un get a towere u can take out the crappy gf4 mc and stick in ure gf3 and ran from ure pc and ure hd

:English Translation:

Get a tower and not a i/eMac or laptop. If you get a tower you can take out the crappy GeForce 4 MC (MX?) and stick in your GeForce and something your pc and your hard drive.

What The Hell...?

Loque    0
Originally posted by atomoverride

Macs suck....too slow, overpriced, pc is just a better machine. but hey thats my view on it. and I am intitled to it.

the only thing I seen from apple that is cool is that ipod. which soon will be able to use on a pc! ha ha.

Have you been using macs for a while or are you just saying that because you are joining all of the other 'Mac Haters'? Using the iMacs that were at your school does not count as time with a mac.

Macs do what their are designed to do much better then how PCs do what their were designed to do.

Any in my opinion, Macs ARE NOT overpriced at all.... you get what you pay for and I dont mind paying for a higher quality machine.

Hey just my opinion....

Anyway if you need some kind of portability then you have only one place to go. Get something within your range with the max amount of power and gadgets in a laptop. I really like the TiBook.

If you dont need to move around the get yourself a desktop Mac. It will give you more bang for your buck.

Dazzla    5

Nice to see we've got someone on board who can express an opinion well ;)

Neztea    12

A friend of mine is gonna get a mac because he's a mac addict, and he's getting the new mac that comming out in like 2 months with the new case and ddr ram and all that, which is pretty neat

Silvorgold    1
Originally posted by atomoverride

Macs suck....too slow, overpriced, pc is just a better machine. but hey thats my view on it. and I am intitled to it.

the only thing I seen from apple that is cool is that ipod. which soon will be able to use on a pc! ha ha.

psh, how long does the average pc last ;)

as others were saying wait till macworld, there might be lots of goodies released :D

like 17" g4 imac n hopefully some ibook updates

unspec    0

If you're buying a tower - look for a slightly older refurbished one, it's very upgradeable.

Using the one I spotted earlier in the thread you could add a 128MB GeForce4 TI 4600 for say ?300 and have an killer Mac @ ?1700.

The best part of it all is that you can buy each bit one at a time, say get the tower and 512MB of RAM to start with then upgrade when you have some more money.

Hell there are processor upgrades being sold too, it's almost as upgradable as a PC.

And idoesb> run OS :p:p

If you are going to go for a Power Mac, wait till they get an update (speed bump/DDR etc) then check out the older EOL models. If you look hard enough I'm sure you will find some excellent savings.

--

unspec

Steve    2
Originally posted by unspec

If you're buying a tower - look for a slightly older refurbished one, it's very upgradeable.

Using the one I spotted earlier in the thread you could add a 128MB GeForce4 TI 4600 for say ?300 and have an killer Mac @ ?1700.

The best part of it all is that you can buy each bit one at a time, say get the tower and 512MB of RAM to start with then upgrade when you have some more money.

Hell there are processor upgrades being sold too, it's almost as upgradable as a PC.

And it doesb> run OS :p:p

If you are going to go for a Power Mac, wait till they get an update (speed bump/DDR etc) then check out the older EOL models. If you look hard enough I'm sure you will find some excellent savings.

--

unspec

Yeah, thanks Man, i've been Looking At Some Refurb PowerMac's, they are @ quite a Good price! i've been Recieving Cancom catalogues, and they are Licenced Reurb Peeps ... and ...

Prices were something like this ...

< ... G4 2001 ... >

G4/ 466Mhz / 128 / 30 / CDRW ...?799

G4/ 533Mhz / 128 / 40 / CDRW ...?849

G4/ 533Mhz DP / 128 / 40 / CDRW ...?1199

G4 / 667MHz / 256 / 60 / CDRW ...?899

G4/ 733Mhz / 256 / 60 / CDRW ...?999

G4/ 733Mhz / 256 / 60 / DVD-R ...?1099

< ... G4 Quicksilver ... >

G4/ 733Mhz / 128 / 40 / CDRW ...?899

G4/ 867Mhz / 128 / 60 / SuperDrive ...?1299

G4/ 800Mhz / 256 / 80 / SuperDrive ...?1499

< ... Quicksilver 2002 ... >

G4/ 800MHz / 256 / 40 / CDRW ...?899

G4/ 867MHz / 256 / 60 / SuperDrive ...?1499

G4/ 1GHz DP / 512 / 80 / SuperDrive ...?1899

;)r />

;)

NeYo

Wickedkitten    12
Originally posted by Zerosignull

Get a tower and not a i/eMac or Laptop. if un get a towere u can take out the crappy gf4 mc and stick in ure gf3 and ran from ure pc and ure hd

Don't forget to also grab the mac rom for the geforce 3 card if you want to use it. you cant just shove pc video cards in a mac

unspec    0
G4/ 800Mhz / 256 / 80 / SuperDrive ...?849

That is an excellent deal.

--

unspec

Dazzla    5
Originally posted by ~~NeYo~~

G4/ 800Mhz / 256 / 80 / SuperDrive ...?849>

holy crap, that's a sweet deal. Where's that from? I couldn't find a web site.

Edit: I've found the site, nm.

Steve    2

" Jus keeping Everyone On their Toes! ;) " LOL

< DAMN > " i Fcuked up :ermm: "

LOL

NeYo

Dazzla    5

Cancom aren't that cheap. The cheapest tower they've got on their site is:

Apple G4 Quicksilver 800 256/40Gb/CD-RW/ ATi Radeon 7500/56K

And that's ?1049.00 (?1232.58 inc vat)

Steve    2
Originally posted by Dazzla

Cancom aren't that cheap. The cheapest tower they've got on their site is:

Apple G4 Quicksilver 800 256/40Gb/CD-RW/ ATi Radeon 7500/56K

And that's ?1049.00 (?1232.58 inc vat) b>

D'ya have the Catalogues?! it has a Fair amount more! Maybe U Shud give them a call, i ya Curious?!

01483 500 533;);) ...Dazzla, order the Mag From the Site, they Send them every month or s;);)

NeYo

212RikanMofo    0

i dont know bout you guys, but i love my damn tibook!! i get so many compliments and looks on this thing its unbelievable. The widescreen is so nice and its really bright and very clear. I have no problems with it whatsoever. I'm glad i switched over to the mac, I don't even use my PC much anymore. blah I had to reinstall windows xp over a few days ago, go figure... sigh... anyways i will be enjoying my mac from now on. My next choice will be a g4 or g5 desktop model.... cant wait for MWNY to see what they announce next. Sorry PC users, I'm a very satisfied apple user now... :) :) :)

Wickedkitten    12
Originally posted by 212RikanMofo

i dont know bout you guys, but i love my damn tibook!! i get so many compliments and looks on this thing its unbelievable. The widescreen is so nice and its really bright and very clear. I have no problems with it whatsoever. I'm glad i switched over to the mac, I don't even use my PC much anymore. blah I had to reinstall windows xp over a few days ago, go figure... sigh... anyways i will be enjoying my mac from now on. My next choice will be a g4 or g5 desktop model.... cant wait for MWNY to see what they announce next. Sorry PC users, I'm a very satisfied apple user now... :) :) :)

yeah yeah yeah ya dirty tibook owning git :p Make us all jealous why don't ya

Dazzla    5

Well that's it. I've just come back from my final day at college so I'm gonna get a full time job and save for a kickass Tower. I'm gonna get one of the ones revealed in the next day or so with a lovely 17" LCD screen.

cerbero    0

After reading this thread I got hot for buying a PowerMac instead of an eMac, and I started looking through some ads for Used Macs and I found this...

PowerMac G4 QuickSilver 800mhz/256mb/60gb/CDRW with k/b and mouse for 13.500 SEK (about $1420 US). That configuration would cost me 22.543 SEK (approx. $2373 US) bought new from Apple Store (which unfortunately is one of the cheapest Mac resellers here in Sweden :dead: )

A real bargain, and I've seen others similar to it. A new eMac costs 14.000 SEK from Apple Store.. So buying a used PowerMac, which is more powerful than the eMac would cost me less. Let's just hope I can find a deal like this when I have the money, and I would be the luckiest boy in the whole world :D

It can't be very "beat up" either.. Since it can only be like 6 months old at the most I think (correct me if I'm wrong about this though).

What do you think? Get a used PM G4 or a brand spankin' new eMac?

[edit] Oh, and I'm guessing more people will sell their old PM's after MWNY. Even if no new PM's are introduced, some people with too much money will still want new Macs ;)

Cuzzo    0

Cool to see a fellow contry man ;)

Hur ?r l?get?

Jag skall ocks? k?pa en G4,n?r den har f?tt det nya moderkortet som st?djer DDR-RAM.

Du kan hitta mer info och tips h?r:

www.macosx.com

Cuzzo...

cerbero    0
Originally posted by Cuzzo

Cool to see a fellow contry man ;)

Hur ?r l?get?

Jag skall ocks? k?pa en G4,n?r den har f?tt det nya moderkortet som st?djer DDR-RAM.

Du kan hitta mer info och tips h?r:

www.macosx.com

Cuzzo... ...

Hehe, trodde inte det fanns n?n mer ?n jag :D?r typ.. :D

Har tyv?rr inte r?d med en s?n ny PM. Har aldrig ?gt en Mac innan heller, s? man vill ju inte sl?nga ut f?r mycket pengar och s?. N?r dom begagnade ?r s? billiga kan det ju vara n?t att satsa p? iaf tror jag.. eMacen ?r det enda alternativet i den prisklassen, och kan jag f? b?ttre prestanda + utbyggningsm?jligheter f?r mindre pengar, s? ?r valet r?tt sj?lvklart ;)

---

I have even more hope that people will sell their old PowerMacs now, just read that they are likely to be upgraded as early as August 13th. Lots of people will want new ones methinks :D

Cuzzo    0

Yes,i think so to.

Well,i have to get the biggest one cause i will use it for music.

Im trying to build a software only studio around a Powermac.

The LCD screens is out of range for me,for now anyway!

I need the 2 cpu power for audiosoft.

Only graphic,games are more demanding.

I hope that you will a good time with your MAC :)

I know that i will!

Maybe we can meet in a macforum somwhere when i got my mac!

Cuzzo...