[56K]Exclusive! NEW Yahoo! Mail Beta

The new Yahoo! Mail Beta powered by Oddpost has just been released to a very limited number of Beta testers (including those Oddpost subscribers previously selected to opt-in), new features include an offline mail client-like interface, tabbed windows (no pop-ups), cascaded menus and toolbars.

Screw reviews! A picture is worth a thousand words!

(click the thumbnails for a full size image)

Hark the spice girls just can't sing, soon they'll work at burger king. Erm... This is the login screen:

YMailBetaA_t.gif

Loading... 3... 2... 1... Erm whatever...

YMailBetaB_t.gif

The default interface after you logged in:

YMailBetaC_t.gif

Click on an e-mail and there, you can preview it, well what's what a mail reader supposed to do right?

YMailBetaD_t.gif

Double-click on it, there, it's opened in a new tab!

YMailBetaE_t.gif

Notice this little button? A click on it...

YMailBetaF_t.gif

... opens the mail in a new seperate window! Amazing... Another click puts it back as a tab again:

YMailBetaG_t.gif

This is what the compose screen looks like, and yep Oddpost lovers, the Subject-O-Matique's still there and got alot more new e-mail ideas for you this time!

YMailBetaH_t.gif

This is the file attachment window...

YMailBetaI_t.gif

Oh no! Instead of send I accidentally clicked on the close tab button!

YMailBetaJ_t.gif

Drag-and-drop, but looks like Yahoo! don't want me to put my e-mail back into my Inbox...

YMailBetaK_t.gif

...instead they want me to put it in my contacts...

YMailBetaL_t.gif

This is the pop-up menu you get when right-clicking on a message:

YMailBetaM_t.gif

As always heavy scripting and DHTML means alot CPU and RAM usage, this is no exception either:

YMailBetaN_t.gif

Intutive search:

YMailBetaO_t.gif

Do you like cheese? I love cheese...

YMailBetaP_t.gif

Yahoo shows Firefox some lovin' baby

YMailBetaQ_t.gif

Not Oprah tho, but I don't blame them.

YMailBetaR.gif

** Notice: All information and materials contained in this post is for your personal viewing only, reproduction or derive of any part of this post is not permitted unless with prior permission from the original poster. **

Edited by AquaDex

looking nice

but

** Notice: All information and materials contained in this post is for your personal viewing only, reproduction or derive of any part of this post is not permitted unless with prior permission from the original poster. **

what the heck :laugh:

^

Is that the offline client? Looks very cool. (Y)

586522858[/snapback]

im not sure that it has an offline client. He said "offline mail client-like interface" like outlook and others.

^

Is that the offline client? Looks very cool. (Y)

586522858[/snapback]

Nope it's all on a web page (with tons of script), that's the beauty of Oddpost, it was opened under Internet Explorer in that screenshot but it supports Mozilla as well.

I don't believe you have the right to say that based on software you didn't create yourself. You say that as if you owned Yahoo and have this mail thing copyrighted DUH :rolleyes: Makes no sense.

Well I guess me and dolimite35 violated those rules by reposting it as a quote. F*CK I'm screwed now, I didn't ask for your permission :rolleyes:

from CNN

Yahoo was set to unveil on Wednesday a limited public beta of its new Yahoo Mail service, featuring a new desktop e-mail application-type interface and faster response time.

As first reported in June, the new Yahoo Mail beta features e-mail caching, message preview, drag-and-drop filing, the ability to quickly search e-mail headers, body text and attachments and the ability to view multiple e-mails at the same time in separate windows and scroll through all message headers in a folder rather than one page at a time.

In addition, the new version adds address auto-complete, right-click menus and standard keyboard shortcuts

The beta will be available to a limited group of Yahoo Mail users in the United States and will be expanded to include users worldwide in coming months, Yahoo said. Users can choose to use the new version, stick with the older version, or switch between the two.

The amount of storage remains at 1 gigabyte for the free service.

What about Opera?Is it going to stick to the standards or do another gmail?

586522925[/snapback]

I don't have Oprah at work right now so I'll tell ya about it when I get home :happy:

Don't give too high hopes on it tho...

Yahoo! Mail Beta is compatible with:

IE 6.0 and higher (for Windows)

Firefox 1.0

Mozilla Suite 1.7

Netscape 7.2

Edited by AquaDex