[56K]Exclusive! NEW Yahoo! Mail Beta

Here is some more info about this from BetaNews

Yahoo on Tuesday began a limited beta test of a new Web mail system, which includes a redesigned interface that mirrors desktop-based clients like Microsoft Outlook. Drag and drop features are supported through DHTML, and a new search engine brings added support for attachments.

Yahoo said in June it was planning to launch a new version of Yahoo! Mail that would feature an instant preview pane. Many of the changes in the beta were taken from the company's acquisition of Oddpost last year. Users who dislike the new version will be given an option to switch back to the traditional interface.

So much for your EXCLUSIVE! AquaDex, better luck next time. To think you would have an exclusive when the news is all over haha.

586524407[/snapback]

Knowing that the new mail system has gone Beta doesn't mean they have access to it, if you pay attention none of the news sites has offered screenshots yet.

Knowing that the new mail system has gone Beta doesn't mean they have access to it, if you pay attention none of the news sites has offered screenshots yet.

586524495[/snapback]

but others are using the beta now and more will later on, heck i may get it in just a little bit

but others are using the beta now and more will later on, heck i may get it in just a little bit

586524511[/snapback]

Nobody is using the Beta except Oddpost subscribers who chose to participate at this stage, they will begin to roll out the Beta to the 'more frequent Yahoo! Mail users' in the coming 1-2 months and eventually be rolled out to all Yahoo! Mail users in the coming 6 months. (Or so I was told)

Thread updates with lots of new screenshot goodies, if you want to know anything more feel free to ask.

And no it doesn't work with Oprah, it gives you a page complaining browser not supported when you use Oprah to access the beta and offer you to use the old interface or log out.

Original post updated with lots new screenshot goodies.

If you need any more information feel free to ask and I'll surely answer them.

And no it doesn't work in Oprah, it complains about unsupported browser and offers you to use the old mail interface or log out.

EDIT: lol server is severly lagged, mods please remove this repeated post if you like, and oh, you might want to add a 56k users warning on the title too

looks nice, but i'm not sure how much *better* i like it than gmail.

586525923[/snapback]

enail is email but user interface wise, The new yahoo looks better because it tries to look and function like an offline email program like outlook.

SWEET!

that looks soooo sick man! but.. WHAT THE HECK? microsoft.. get your ass in gear, and start putting your foot down.

hotmail is now behind in the times..

by space

by design

by compatability with firefox, opera..

dear god!

microsoft better be coming out with a sweet new hotmail, with tuns of space soon...

hotmail is losing this race...

welcome to AIM Mail...*cough*...i mean Yahoo Mail.

586525361[/snapback]

To give them credit Yahoo started this project more than 10 months ago, while AOL started theirs a little more than 5 months...

How can I become a Beta tester for Yahoo mail?

586525959[/snapback]

You will be able to, eventually most active Yahoo! Mail users (people got an account and actually use it) will be switched to the new interface to test it, but patience is gold my friend, so if you don't already have Yahoo! Mail, sign up for one and begin to use it :yes:

SWEET!

that looks soooo sick man!? but.. WHAT THE HECK?? microsoft.. get your ass in gear, and start putting your foot down.

hotmail is now behind in the times..

by space

by design

by compatability with firefox, opera..

dear god!

microsoft better be coming out with a sweet new hotmail, with tuns of space soon...

hotmail is losing this race...

586525976[/snapback]

Microsoft is coming out with a new Hotmail, except it's neither looking sweet or has tons of space... So I think Microsoft is going to disappoint you this time

Anyway this new system is still quite buggy, I already find 30+ problems with it that needs to be fixed, so there's still some time to go:pinch:h:

Edited by AquaDex

Looks cool. But I've finaly managed to get people to stopp emailing me at yahoo and hotmail and use my gmail for everything, so not making another switch back.

586526041[/snapback]

That's why I decided to use my own domain for e-mails already, the mail service switch is getting frustrating :pinch:

By the way I shrunk the images now, click on it and you can see the full version, I shrunk the image so much that dialup users should be able to browse this thread without problem actually...