• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

[Photographs] Critisism Please.

Question

.Atlantis    0

Any comments on this photograph, please?

-- Added one more

post-26941-1126993483_thumb.jpg

post-26941-1127085019_thumb.jpg

about_header.jpg

Edited by .Atlantis

TazB    0

I like it... nice work.

.Atlantis    0
I like it... nice work.

586540781[/snapback]

Thanks!

Anyone else?

JMann    2

Nice idea, works well. Lets see some more now. ;)

jingarelho    4

nice work. keep more coming

Brutimus    0

I like it as well. Only improvement I could see if to broaden out the depth of field. It cuts off almost a little too quick in both the foreground and back. But lighting, mood, and overall atmosphere are really well done. Just my opinion. :)

Draconian Guppy    13,037

Nice, reminds me of the adams family hand :D

• Like 1

.Atlantis    0

Another! This is more light-hearted :D

post-26941-1127074617_thumb.jpg

downhillmatt2002    0

wow nice work i like them :D

.Atlantis    0
wow nice work i like them :D

586545823[/snapback]

Commodore Max    2

Nice ! I like it :D !

robertobaggio2k    9

nice pics..i really like the hug me one

crio    0

first one is just as many similar before. nothing new. i like 2nd though - mostly because of the idea. keep on shooting:)

Rudy    457

not bad

fall3n    0

love the 2nd one. thats great! keep it up!

Dark_INk    0

great shots, i'd take the txt off both (distracting)

ACTIONpack    491

The first photo, I don't like. The reason why I don't like it because it looks too fake and it's not power or it does not jump out when you look at it. The hand looks too stage and hand looks like it's just sitting there trying to look like it's goes to the pen.

The second photo, does not make sense. Why does it says "HUG ME"? I don't get the idea around that photo one bit. I think instead of having words there to give what's going on there. Have some flowers and a cross on the post, to show that someone die there and have the person huge the post.

Sorry if I'm not loving the photos but I only see fake and stage work. I'm not trying to tick you off or anything. I do think you can shot a camera very well but your ideas are bad and need a lot of work on. Look at some photo books of famous photographers and try to get some ideas from there.

Edited by ACTIONpack

internetwar    0

i love the "hug me" picture , it's awesome yet funny in a way, thats just me :D

let's see more!

.Atlantis    0
The first photo, I don't like. The reason why I don't like it because it looks too fake and it's not power or it does not jump out when you look at it. The hand looks too stage and hand looks like it's just sitting there trying to look like it's goes to the pen.

The second photo, does not make sense. Why does it says "HUG ME"? I don't get the idea around that photo one bit. I think instead of having words there to give what's going on there. Have some flowers and a cross on the post, to show that someone die there and have the person huge the post.

Sorry if I'm not loving the photos but I only see fake and stage work. I'm not trying to tick you off or anything. I do think you can shot a camera very well but your ideas are bad and need a lot of work on. Look at some photo books of famous photographers and try to get some ideas from there.

586547295[/snapback]

First photo; I was trying to develop my skills with black and white editing in photoshop, and this was _really_ a shot which was part of a series of others to show the hand going to the pencil, and - in the end the pencil snapping. I believe this one image alone left lots to be said so I decided to keep it on it's own.

The second photo WAS staged, and it says hug me mainly due to the fact when I walked past it, it looked so lonely. I felt the need to express that buildings and the likes aren't just man-made structures. They're also objects with feelings.

Sort of a little funny gesture I was coming up with, and it obviously worked with 99% of the people!

----

To the others, thanks so much for your comments! Keep them up.

ACTIONpack    491

I don't understand why your upset. I think you can take photos but your ideas are poor and 2nd grade thinking. I'm a graphic designer and I get made reply with my work. It's just part of the game. You got to understand that not everybody is going to like your work and not everybody is going to tell you the truth about your work. Go to www.howdesign.com and post your photos in the forum and they will tell you the truth about your photos. I get **** off when people give me bad thoughts on my work but I can use that to make my work better.

semaja2.net    0

love it dude

zedaxax    1

"hug me" = brilliant

how much you get paid for one of the lancashire post photographs?

zedaxax    1

586547295[/snapback]

@Actionpack - your version sounds cliche quitchy dramatics - its got nothing to do with what is in the piece.

humor in an industrial architectural enviroment could not have been portrayed better.

Have you ever hugged a building? :laugh:

FredEx    1

They look good to me.

I like the depth of field on the second one. To me it adds to the "loneliness" feel of it...that poor column isolated from its surroundings and needing a hug.

You have a great imagination to create something like that. In my opinion if somebody does not "get it" then they are lacking in creativity and imagination.

Keep up the good work.

E t h a n    0

Cool stuff, why not post more? :rofl:

YaZoR    0

Don't do anything for me.