Kameo 40 min video has gaming world in love w/it

He means this:

Bad art:

Good art:

:sleep:

586545553[/snapback]

Are you kidding? How in any way is the first example bad art? Please be kind enough to define bad art.

Gameplay>Graphics, although the general gaming public think the innverse these days which is sad, it looks like Dokney Zelda 64 2 type thing really. TEH GFX ARE AMAZING!!!!1111EVELENVELEVNEVLENVLEN . Sure they do, but the genre has been DONE a zillion times, this is all 360 is going to give us recycled genres, ditto with PS3. At least Revolution is promising some sort of new ideas that might actually break some ground.

The game looks astounding, that is for sure, very immersive, but thats the only part that makes it look nextgen otherwise its meh, the gameplay will indeed be the same as say donkey kong country 64 with the chaning character to do silly tasks, with the addition of a mount which is nice.

Anyway I'll get flamed as there seems to be quite a few X-boxfanbois around this thread. Pity nobody can have an opinion of their own these days, because I'll be called an "Anit X-box" person or some crap now. I'm not anti-xbox I"m against people that refuse to innovate, the ones that would rather wow you with graphics and then give you crumbs for gameplay, its a sad state of gaming these days.

Be a Xbox-fanboy how much you want but don't be stupid. ;)

MGS4 Solid Snake:

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/...6_screen010.jpg

Kameo plant thingy:

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/...8_screen014.jpg

My god man, you're right! :rolleyes:

Kameo has awsome tech but take away that and all you got is another Grabbed by the Ghoulies. But hey, maybe it plays great.

My opinion is of course only based on videos right now. I might get positively surprised, you never know until you play the game.

586541687[/snapback]

That's some stupid comparisons... Kameo have very good artdesign. It have an more adventure style than MGS have. You can't compare characters like that because there is two different artstyles.

I think Kameo looks like a great game, reminds me of Zelda and Beyond Good & Evil really. Also think Kameo is a lot more original and fresh than any of the titles I've seen so far on next gen consoles. Good job Rare.

Please define bad art.

586545535[/snapback]

As I said, art is a matter of opinion so you can't really define what art is bad and what art is good. Kameos art is bad in my opinion.

That's some stupid comparisons... Kameo have very good artdesign. It have an more adventure style than MGS have. You can't compare characters like that because there is two different artstyles.

586545698[/snapback]

Yes it is two different art styles, one appeals to me and the other doesn't.

As I said, art is a matter of opinion so you can't really define what art is bad and what art is good. Kameos art is bad in my opinion.

586546007[/snapback]

Thanks for clearing that up (Y) Because your post earlier sounds like you are asserting your opinion as fact. :rolleyes:

Thanks for clearing that up (Y)  Because your post earlier sounds like you are asserting your opinion as fact. :rolleyes:

586546011[/snapback]

Sorry if it came out like that, it wasn't my intention.

jerry: Ok. But then you should ask yourself what MGS4 has to do in thread about Kameo in the first place, it was you who brought it up, not me.

Now just leave this and get back to topic.

Gameplay>Graphics, although the general gaming public think the innverse these days which is sad, it looks like Dokney Zelda 64 2 type thing really. TEH GFX ARE AMAZING!!!!1111EVELENVELEVNEVLENVLEN . Sure they do, but the genre has been DONE a zillion times, this is all 360 is going to give us recycled genres, ditto with PS3. At least Revolution is promising some sort of new ideas that might actually break some ground.

586545633[/snapback]

as much as i love nintendo and the way they've evolved games over the decades, and as much as i think nintendo may be on to a sleeper success with their new controller.. i can't help but look at where they've gone over the past few years with the over-milking of mario, and the reliance on re-using the same tried and tested formulas with most of their games, including zelda, instead of doing anything new. In all reality it's not as different from the heavily sequel based mentality of other publishers out there.

I think microsoft are coming at it slightly differently compared to sony; sony has some great IP's that it's hoping to transfer to ps3, and psp and continue to milk in an almost nintendo like fashion. you know, you're gta's, your mgs', your gt's - and as long as people play those, and pay for those they will continue to make them. Microsoft are getting towards that position with it's halo's, and pgr's, but it's still new enough to the game to be developing fresh ip's - like kameo.

I think comparing kameo to rare's dk game on the n64 game is a little harsh - the game was nice for it's time, but not a anywhere near rare's best - and by that time some of the elements it used were tried and tested ideas taken from it's own back catalog, which it didn't really expand on. kameo on the other hand is both a step back to the likes of zelda, and banjo kazooie - like the first time you played it, but also a massive leap forward on top of those games. time will tell, but it looks like rare are back on form again, and for a launch title too. that places them really well... but then they've had a long ass time to work on this game, so they better get it right! :D

Are you kidding?  How in any way is the first example bad art?  Please be kind enough to define bad art.

586545561[/snapback]

Hehe I was just showing you what HE and many other people mean by BAD art, if it's not made to be as realistic as possible it's bad and fantasy/abstract is always crap in their eyes...

if it's not made to be as realistic as possible it's bad and fantasy/abstract is always crap in their eyes...

586546062[/snapback]

Not to me anyways. I have nothing against non-realistic art as long as it's good.

Last OT from me in this thread. :yes:

"no art is bad art" is a mentality created by people lacking artistic understanding. have you ever heard of the principles of design? elements of composition? if its art, it complies with these basic principles.. I'm not going to jump into it and pick out every artistic mistake, but they are there, and the biggest problem i have, is the lack of unity in the world environment and its characters.

gameplay originality? for ANY other developer, yeah, maybe... but for rare? this is a rehash of banjo kazooi and donkey kong country 64.......uhmm... its all the same... the games were and are great, rare has rarely dissapointed in gameplay or engine tech, but kameo looks like totally generic 3d work on top of a totally generic rare game..

[offtopic]

sorry i just have got to say this since we are talking about art

My friend failed his 'A' Level Art exam because he didnt put pen to paper in it.

well he did sort of..

All he wrote at the bottom of the page, outside of the border was

"Before Inspiration" ... personally i though he was doing it to take the P!$$, it turns out that he reallly intended to do it...

[/offtopic]

Art can be seen differently as good or bad to people... its called personal preference or something along them lines anyway.

i think the video was more of a "tech" + "characters" showcase, than a huge look at individual gameplay. if you want an indication of what to expect you could do worse than thinking banjo kazooie + zelda.

I got to play a demo of this yesterday.? Suffice to say, I'm adding it to my pre-order.

586574113[/snapback]

You bastardo! HOW HOW HOW! lol:laugh:: I want to try it too:((

You bastardo! HOW HOW HOW! lol :laugh: I want to try it too :(

586575013[/snapback]

One of the many little perks of my job :)

I think I'm okay to say that the 360 is smaller in person than I expected. And the controllers are very light and thinner than the S controllers. I really can't wait for the 22nd!