EA releases new Madden 2006 pics to silent critics

Still a far cry from what they said was in-game shots a few months back:

post-30115-1127021176.jpg

586542189[/snapback]

never said such a thing....but whatever you say chief.

if this is in-game i'll be happy :)

this they said was a target render

586542204[/snapback]

I don't understand how they can fall that short of a target. Furthermore, I am baffeled as to why we will have to wait until the end of the consoles life span to see games of that graphical caliber. This very same thing happened with the original xbox, the best looking titles did not come along until long after its launch. While graphics don't make a game, there is no change in hardware to qualify the slow progression of graphical engines on consoles.

Wow, this thread along with the MGS4 thread really have me anxious to get the PS3.

586542221[/snapback]

by the time PS3 will come we will have madden 07 on x360 and ps3

Even better :)

Gives EA a year to fix issues :p

586542241[/snapback]

Oh, that is exactly what we need to do! Encourge EA to ship more broken games, after all I loved paying $59.99 for the Battlefield 2 "beta".

man I agree these graphics kick ass.

Bricktop: They make consoles' hardware so advanced now so that software developers can keep pushing the extreme. They say that when they release a console. "Its so advanced that you can not make a game right now that even pushes its ability"

the graphics dont look bad... better than previous screenies :) i hope EA can pull though this.... its not that the hardware is bad... its the deveopers.... compare this to other games (grpahically) and you will see that it is somewhat sub-par in most areas....

26000082613.jpg

Madden360.jpg

586542176[/snapback]

hate to burst your bubble, but this isn't actual game play.. a) i dont see a hud b) there not controlling the player in first or 3rd person c) you wont be zoomed that close to a player

so thus we have a video that is shown before the game.. not impressed :pinch:

you know the sequence movies before the game kicks off? that could be one of them. like in nhl 2002 they have really good graphics for the intro movie to the match, then it goes all "game mode"

in the original size picture, too big to host (10 MB) you can read the warning label behind patten mannings helmet

586542231[/snapback]

while that may be kind of cool, these graphics really aren't that much impressive...EA did claim a lot of crap and honestly I'm REALLY dissappointed in the graphics. For months they half way claimed that those renders weren't going to be renders ...... "Just Wait" they said...... I've waited, I've seen, and I'm still not impressed.

I'd rather see those renders than be able to read the warning sign on a stupid digital helmet.

hate to burst your bubble, but this isn't actual game play.. a) i dont see a hud b) there not controlling the player in first or 3rd person c) you wont be zoomed that close to a player

so thus we have a video that is shown before the game.. not impressed  :pinch:

586543877[/snapback]

agreed. these look like FMV sequences. but still nice FMV sequences never the less, if its gameplay you gotta see a hud.

but on a positive note, with previous EA titles the FMV sequences before a match are usually the same as gameplay graphics :yes:

with new hardware, it takes time to developers to be able to know the hardware, and program good for it. the high end graphics toward the end of the system's live are the result of knowing the in's and out, and taking advantage of shortcuts in the system

I don't understand how they can fall that short of a target. Furthermore, I am baffeled as to why we will have to wait until the end of the consoles life span to see games of that graphical caliber. This very same thing happened with the original xbox, the best looking titles did not come along until long after its launch. While graphics don't make a game, there is no change in hardware to qualify the slow progression of graphical engines on consoles.

586542226[/snapback]

Someone from EA who works on the Madden team came to give a talk in my graphics class last week. He admitted that the shots were rendered "off-time" and wouldn't be what you would see in the game "real-time".

He also said "demo shots are always taken from the best possible angle"