Will You Change to WindowBlinds 5?

Kol is right, Its actually 4.6 with the theme found Here

And The icons on the Left side are made with avedesk :)

Sorry bout crappy pic quality but had to reduce from my original res and its a jpeg :p

586554868[/snapback]

i said right not left.....lol

I actually have a 4.x license of WindowBlinds, but there is a reason why I use the theme hack:

Schmoove's themes.

For me, themes should be simple, easy to the eyes. And to this point my favorite looks are Bluecurve and Clearlooks (as well as the Vera font family). Unfortunatley, there is not a good version of Clearlooks for WB yet, and the Bluecurve theme for WB is not as good as Schmoove's.

So in this case, the issue is that my favorite themes are not available on WB. Which is a shame, since it is not hard to see that WB is better for theming.

Will everyone be changing back when Vista arrives?

I'll probably try it, but won't keep it. It hangs for me alot, and most of the skins I actually like on WB mess up programs like Firefox and Miranda. Not to mention 90% of the skins are crap. It's like searching for a decent Talisman skin. Very rare. Not that I use talisman =|

i used to use windowblinds but i stopped since it ate up resources. uxtheme for me.

586556274[/snapback]

When did you last use it, version 3? Version 4 and above does NOT use anymore resources then the default uxtheme engine and in most computer configurations actually uses less.

As long as they keep their "girl version" and "boy version" to themselves, and just release the program itself, without skins, I might consider giving it a wirlh ...

I think you're getting Windowblinds and StyleXP mixed up. StyleXP is the one that comes in male or female installs. Unless Windowblinds has changed since I last tried it

i used to use windowblinds but i stopped since it ate up resources. uxtheme for me.

586556274[/snapback]

I get a kick out of these resource worriers, what do you have a pent. 1 or something? :cry: If you are concerned about gaming simply unload WB, (you can't do that with the theme patch), and it is a running process folks. WB rocks and I will be upgrading when it comes out, I want to mimic my Debian desktop. Any way if you are using WB you should dissable the Windows theme service (why have it running if you are not using it), right click your my computer icon and select manage then to resources, scrol down to the theme service and right click it and dissable it, but I imagine all Neowins know this anyway. I also recomend Stardock's easy to use bootscreen, but be sure to remove it from startup as it is not needed to be running. :no:

post-118062-1127317706_thumb.jpg

586558353[/snapback]

WB skins every program reguardless of whether or not it is theme aware. Outpost firewall isn't skinned in your shot there because somehow it got added to your list of exclusions.

WB4 doesn't use .manifest files.