Opera 8.50 - Free!

Damn excellent news.

Opera is in no doubt the best browser bar none, straight out of the package, without any need for extensions, nor security issues and the browser thats completely WWW standards compliant.

heck, even as opera gave away free codes i still hated the browser layout and usability.

this won't be any better then. don't tel me to re-try it ;)

heck, even as opera gave away free codes i still hated the browser layout and usability.

this won't be any better then. don't tel me to re-try it ;)

586552309[/snapback]

Same. I stopped using Opera for Windows after they released version 7.5 and it's dreadful new window layout, the layout they're still using today.

I gave it a second chance on Mac OS X but it just doesn't fit in with Aqua and the rest of the Mac OS user experience.

Opera as given the following to the people who have paidfor the browser:

- Premium support until opera 9

- Their money back if they registered in the last 30 days and they want it back (they won't get support)

- The good feeling that they helped opera reach the point that it could go free

They are even giving refunds for the last 30 days! This is awesome of them. :yes:

They are even giving refunds for the last 30 days! This is awesome of them. :yes:

586552320[/snapback]

No that's just the right thing to do. I doubt they've decided this over night.

Same. I stopped using Opera for Windows after they released version 7.5 and it's dreadful new window layout, the layout they're still using today.

I gave it a second chance on Mac OS X but it just doesn't fit in with Aqua and the rest of the Mac OS user experience.

586552316[/snapback]

i tried opera under osx aswell. unuseable aswell, and i'm not trolling. i guess i'm just not an opera person.

Not really. The 8.x interface is greatly simplified. At least on Windows.

No that's just the right thing to do. I doubt they've decided this over night.

586552339[/snapback]

The fact is they didn't have to do it. The fact that they are doing it shows considerate-ness(?) on their part.

Use the frikkin search feature - also read frontpage!  :angry:

586552457[/snapback]

Not everybody read the frontpage. Okay, I didn't do a search, but I did look in this forum for a thread with a title that had to do with this. Also I had a look in the Opera forum and none there either as far as I could see the closest to it was "Big Opera update coming 9/20"

What's the big deal anyways, did it hurt your eyes to see this thread?