Neowin's Official Fantasy Hockey League

d'oh...I drop ryder (mtl) and he got the game winning goal for the first 2 games and has 3 goals already. :argh:

586634763[/snapback]

My Sportsnet Fantasy Hockey League had me thinking, "Hmm, Bergeron and Ryder could do well...Nah, better not." D'oh!

Back to our league, I'm doing very well so far, but my goalies are very weak, Kiprusoff needs to prove himself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I wonder if u guys cud give sum advise, im currently reviewing my goalie stuation in my fantasy league. At the moment i have Garon(LA), Lehtonen(ATL), Emery(OTT) and Khabibulin(CHI) as my goalies. I was wondering what i should do, should i try and get rid of Khabibulin or should i keep him and get rid of somebody else? Im tempted to get rid of him maybee trade him for someone else but i wanted to know what you guys think i should do.

Thanks guys.

Edited by mikebiacsi

I normally have three but i got Emery from free agents when Khabibulin was injured. Even before he was injured i had thoughts on getting rid of him. I rely on Garon and Lehtonnen as my main goalies and then whoever else as a reserve. Im not quite sure whether i should get rid of Khabibulin and get a forward (which im lacking a bit) or keep him and hope he improves and get rid of Emery for another forward.

• 2 months later...

At the start, I was last. I worked my way up to third, including defeating Team Mac and the SteffanHARS handily once each (although they did well against me in other weeks).

Now, it looks like I'm going against the SteffanHARS in the second round of the playoffs. This is going to be difficult, because I lost Sami Salo, Erik Cole, and Marek Svatos to injury, plus my goaltenders are not playing so well. But I'm confident that I can put up a fight to the end at least.

dude i'm about to go yardsale.....just pickup whoevers hot, even if they are not good overall, because Mac looks pretty tough.

Yeah i lost Cole aswell, which was a big blow. Im through to the second round of the playoffs in my league, i only just scraped through. Im not up against the top team in the league which is gonna be tough.

dude i'm about to go yardsale.....just pickup whoevers hot, even if they are not good overall, because Mac looks pretty tough.

I just did that myself, just picked up Stumpel and i am waiting for Frolov to clear Waivers, i should have him by tomorro which will be handy, i need to get my goals tally up into double figures.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks dude....it really came down to the wire. i knew i put myself in a position to pull the upset, but i came up just short on sunday night. good luck in the finals.

well we need to get more people in! i remember back before the strike, our annual hockey thread had TONS of active members. anyone talk to bayrider? he's a big hockey fan.

A little late BroChaos, I'll make sure to sign up next season. Dunno how I completely missed this. Must have been the subforum that had me overlook it.