How do i enable special effects?

I have the PDC build 5219 of windows vista and all special effects are gone iv searched a lot around here found registry tweaks and stuff.

I cant install LDDM drivers :/.

Also where is the sidebar? :/

Please i need help

Did you have the fancy-shmancy effects before and they just disappeared? Did you ever have the effects? If no to both, or if you just installed 5219 and still don't have it, you probably don't have the right hardware for it. LDDM drivers are installed by default by Setup for hardware that it currently supports. That list of compatible hardware is on the Connect site.

As for sidebar, that wasn't officially included with the build released for testers/PDC, search around for that leak.

I have a 6800GT its kinda duh its not supported :/

I tried to install LDDM drivers that were on nVidia site and it says i dont ahve the right hardware but i probably have ebcause i checked the files and there was mine on the list.

i had the same issue, i have a 6800 ultra and i tryed to install but it said my hardware didnt match, But it was on the list. Not sure, but i created a new account on Vista and when i rebooted i logged in the new account and i had all the effects... now just to get my sound (Augidy 2 ZS) to get working >.> . Anyone have any help? The kX didnt seem to work...

Follow the instructions here:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=374930

I recommend you to look for my post, it provides the most simple method of enabling the effects, but I'm not claiming credit for that since I'm not the one discovered it.

Tip: using the latest graphics drivers always helps alot, and if you can't get the effects to work using that method, it simply means your card does not support it hardwarewise and there is no way to fix that