Unable to install 5219...

I realize people can't install on the silicon image sata controller as a fresh install becuase your unable to load drivers. But I tried installing stright from windows and it still wouldn't let me do it. It worked all the way up to the second half of setup. Setup crashes with a error of x000000078. (blue screen). Is the only way I can install this via ide controller? Can I not even install from windows (not doing upgrade) I tried the part where it renames all the old directorys.

I realize people can't install on the silicon image sata controller as a fresh install becuase your unable to load drivers.  But I tried installing stright from windows and it still wouldn't let me do it.  It worked all the way up to the second half of setup.  Setup crashes with a error of x000000078. (blue screen).  Is the only way I can install this via ide controller?  Can I not even install from windows (not doing upgrade) I tried the part where it renames all the old directorys.

586558952[/snapback]

I have silicon Sil3112 and it works just fine.

586559301[/snapback]

No way, it doesn't load the driver from the floppy drive, even if it's in the root folder.

I think you have installed it on a PATA drive, but there are issues on the direct SATA installation on this controller.

I think the driver is not recognized by a not specified reason.

I tried on a different non sata drive one on my raid and it crashed when it goes into boot manager for the first time. I also just finished trying on a reg ata133 drive connected directly to the motherboard and it crashed also.

With the same 0x000000(or however many there are...)78 error.

Ive got a nForce2 Motherboard, GA-7NNXP, amd athlon xp 3000+ barton, 1gb 400mhz corsair select. I had 0 problems with 5112 but I can't seem to get 5219 installed. :(

Could it be my installation disk?

not a chance, id like to see proof? i worked for almost a day to get this work using various methods, none of which worked :no:

I agree it doesnt install on this build (5219) I added the driver after installing Windows - because of the load driver function being broken. In Add new hardware it goes through the motions of installing it (Sil3112r) drivers are WHQL certified drivers too. They install but then the hardware manager reports that there is a problem with the device and cannot start.

This driver worked fine on the last Beta build that I used (5112) but not this one.

looking for any kind of custom driver that will work but I doubt it - think this is broken until - or at least the real beta 2 build is released to testers ?