Jet Blue FLight 292 in Distress

What are you smiling about? I'd much rather this event not even exist to be filmed than have all these lives at risk.

586560594[/snapback]

Oh, put a sock in it bangbang. If the TV stations had any decency, they wouldn't broadcast the emergency landing. But that would be bad for their ratings. They should be fine.

Scary, I'd imagine being there, hanging, and burning fuel KNOWING that they'll maybe or a big chance of dying.  Pretty scary, too bad I don't have cable TV here.

586560638[/snapback]

they just dumped some fuel

Oh, put a sock in it bangbang. If the TV stations had any decency, they wouldn't broadcast the emergency landing. But that would be bad for their ratings.  They should be fine.

586560643[/snapback]

Put a sock in it? Lol, right. I'm sure anyone would agree with me that this is nothing to smile about.

And yet, you can still stfu.

586560663[/snapback]

What's the matter? Have no point to make? Personally, as I said, I wish they wouldn't show this, but I'm sure as heck not going to find pleasure in it or make snive comments about it when you have so many people on board the aircraft.

Scary, I'd imagine being there, hanging, and burning fuel KNOWING that they'll maybe or a big chance of dying.  Pretty scary, too bad I don't have cable TV here.

aiports have such good responce now... and flight crews have such good training in crash landings now.

well they are possibly contemplating whether they should try a "touch and go" to see if that will straighten it out.

planes are designed to crash like this, so hopefully everything will be ok.

Anyways, still wondering how they will be able to land, will they close the front-wheel or that's impossible?

586560682[/snapback]

They can't close the front wheel. They hope that the front wheel will just shear off, so that it doesn't take the plane off the runway.

There is a live feed on msnbc.com for those that are interested. According to them it will still be about 15 minutes until touch down... Lets all hope for the best. :(

well they are possibly contemplating whether they should try a "touch and go" to see if that will straighten it out. 

planes are designed to crash like this, so hopefully everything will be ok.

586560684[/snapback]

They should just land it and hope for the best. I guess that I'm not an expert, but a "touch and go" just sounds about 10 times as risky as just landing and holding on tight.

(By the way, Paula is being somewhat of a, well, "meanie." She interrupted that guy on the phone right in the middle of his sentence. And she asked something like "Well, what do you think they are going to do now?" and the call in guy said something like "There's not much they can do. They will probably just try to land as smoothly as possible and hope for the best." DUH Paula! What do you think they're going to do? Land in a field of fluffy marshmallows?)

The possible alternate is to keep the nose up for as long as possible until the airplane slows down a lot and then let the nose touch down. There aint a lot of fuel, but chances are the nose wheel will blow out, but chances of dying are not likely as of now. They are well prepared and basically waiting for the plane. Also, the passengers will prolly get another speech on proper evacuation orders and where everyone should go. Key thing is that this crash landing is expected.

I never said or implied that I took pleasure in it. It was a light hearted comment. Quit being a little turd.

586560686[/snapback]

Well that's nice of you to make light of it. I'm sure they would really appreciate that heh.

There is a live feed on msnbc.com for those that are interested.  According to them it will still be about 15 minutes until touch down...  Lets all hope for the best. :(

586560692[/snapback]

CNN just said somebody told them 8:50 (EST) and they said that is about 3 minutes from now. And all that was about 1 minute ago.

So, using my massive math skills, about 2 minutes?

:unsure: